Archive Challenges
Has there ever been challenges that players deemed almost impossible to do? Both on killer and survivor side.
I've been playing this game just over a year, so I don't know what this game has been like in the old days.
Has there ever been challenges that players deemed almost impossible to do? Both on killer and survivor side.
I've been playing this game just over a year, so I don't know what this game has been like in the old days.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Players on this forum tend to call Challenges impossible when they require a little bit of effort and cannot be done in one game. IMO no Challenge so far was impossible.
Some were pretty hard tho, like being at a Gen which gets completed 4 times in a game while using Dark Sense. Or getting two Gen Grabs in one game, simply because Grabs are broken and often enough dont work.
2 gen grabs specifically? not vault grabs?
Yes, Tome 3 Level 3 - "Interrupt and grab two Survivors while they are working on a generator and you are using the perk Discordance". Should be done in one Trial.
I know players who got this in "legit" ways, but it was one of two challenges where I farmed, simply because I did not want to deal with the inconsistent grabs.
Those that encourage me play killer/survivor/perk i don't have or never played. It's simply not worth investing in killer or survivor I'm not going to main, so playing with no perks or buying character is close to impossible and not worth doing.
The only one I can think of that could be (not is, but could be) genuinely impossible is invigorating two intoxicated survivors in a trial. That is the only one 100% in the hands of the other side. But of course there are a ton of poorly designed challenges on top of that one.
Damn, that's a real annoying challenge.
A challenge should be a challenge. Should be something you can do in 1-2 trials. It shouldn't be tedious. It shouldn't force you to play without the concept of the character. It shouldn't ruin the fun for any of the players.
Like hooking 4 survivors in the basement was fine. Downing survivors with 8 hatchets is fine. Complete a gen in the killer terror radius is fine. There are harder ones to consider.
Kicking gen 20 times isn't a challenge, that's a killer taking the game hostage and only kicking gens till they get 20, and then either playing normally, or going afk till the match ends. Players are not going to want to do that in 3-4 trials. They want it done asap, and waste the least amount of time. Not using the killers power isn't a challenge, that defeats the purpose of playing the killer. If I can win without using traps as trapper, then I can win with wraith without cloaking. That's not a challenge.