Plans to adress genrush?
About 7 months ago we got this reaction from the devs regarding the depip squad experiment:
https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyEagerAlfalfa4Head
Nothing has happened regarding generator time so far. Is there something coming, do you have any plans or do you guys from BHVR intend to leave the situation as it is?
Comments
Any plans to adress kill rush (tunnel,camp etc)?
Got implemented in the last 2 patches
You think the game is pretty well balanced right now? We completely disagree on the premise of this all if you do believe that. Do you play both sides at rank 1?
Well not completely no. I'm aware that perfectly organized survivor teams can still have the upper hand with how fast they repair gens, giving the killer no real chance to do good in that game. I know that in the absolute worst situations the killer still has barely any chance.
I do believe the game's main balancing problem comes from swf, since they have pretty much access to additional perks like kindred without having to use perk slots for that. So buffing solo survivors to the swf level and then buffing killers accordingly would be the optimal solution i believe.
However I have seen videos from this youtuber true3ta1ent who has already been able to win against certain teams that were insanely organized, though i know it's quite unlikely to win a game as a killer against these kind of teams, no matter how good the killer is. Not impossible though, at least I believe so.
However, at least in my experience those kind of games don't happen often. So no, I don't believe the game is perfectly balanced, but I do believe it's quite decent right now. Especially when i see how the game was a year ago. I only started playing this game however 2 and a half months ago so I'm not that experienced yet.
I've only reached rank 1 with killer till now. I still suck with survivor too much to reach rank 1. I Believe I haven't gotten higher than rank 5 with survivor.
Keep in mind when you're basing things from a viewpoint like True3Ta1ent, he can post only his best games on his youtube if he wanted. I''m not saying he's not good, I actually think he's very good. However someone could slaughter 1/100 games and just post those "1" games he does good and you'd think wow he's amazing and killer MUST be strong. When in reality he just doesn't post the majority of them that went badly.
I also think peoples view points on balance change significantly once they've been regularly playing at rank 1 on both sides for quite a while and have a good bit of hours under them. Most the people that think killers are too strong or even that the games balanced just only play survivor or killer at a low rank where anyone can slaughter.
Yeah like I said I haven't gotten that much experience yet with this game, especially at rank 1. I'm just voicing my personal opinion, but i know that I might be wrong about certain stuff. Balance is always a hard thing to get right.
I do believe though that especially because of add ons, this game could never become perfectly balanced or become a properly competitive game. The power that certain add ons or items enable in this game can make such a difference.
Regarding true3ta1ent, I am aware that he doesn't post every match of him, and that there are definitely matches where he loses quite bad. In fact, he has occasionally posted such a video of him losing as well. It's just that I've seen certain matches of him where just from watching I thought that the survivors in those matches were playing optimally, couldn't really have played much better, and yet he still won. That was the point I was trying to make. To me he proved that you can even win against almost perfectly organized survivor teams if you have a really good game, and a bit of luck maybe. Of course i myself am nowhere near as good as he is.
He did say though that he plays 2 and a half hours of killer daily, so I do believe he uploads the majority of his matches to youtube. But I'm sure there have been matches that didn't go well for him that he didn't upload, because nobody wants to watch a 4 minute gen rush match.
I actually think the majority of them that he slaughters that the survivors just played bad. Exceptions obviously being with killers like nurse/billy/huntress. Using something like the trapper against a very good group you just aren't winning. Killers like the trapper there's just only so much you can be skill full with and the ceiling is low.
Also, of course the game isn't going to be balanced for things like very-rare/ultra-rare addons. You have a limited amount of them and they aren't common, they're supposed to be an exception to the norm.
I'm just saying that whether you win or lose has a lot less to do with you as the killer and a lot more to do with if the survivors messed up. That is barring some odd exceptions like nurse/ultra-rares/etc.
Understandable. It's true that certain killers really could us some buffs, Trapper is one of them.
Although to be fair someone like trapper is also a bit dependent on rng. But yeah low tier killers definitely need some help, especially Freddy.
But then again maybe it would be easier to just buff them individually to the level of billy or the clown. Because a general buff to all killers always has the disadvantage that you can't consider the different power levels of the individual killers, overbuffing killers that are already strong. Like Nurse, who in my eyes can already be seen as a bit overpowered, especially with certain add ons that can make her almost brokenly overpowered.
Personally, just from what i've seen and experienced, Hillbilly, Hag or maybe even the clown or huntress have the perfect balance right now. But like I said I don't have that much experience yet so my opinion might change a bit in the future.
Yes I know that for somesurvivors not being able to easily loop an infinite is unfun
If you noticed any other windows that were made to medium-windows with the latest change, feel free to elaborate. As a killer it is quite important to know whether a survivor can fast or only medium vault a window, so I would be thankful if you show me other windows where you can only medium vault such that I can improve