Anyone else finding a single killer overperforming in SBMM?

I've played 60+ matches with Wraith since SBMM - possibly significantly more, I don't keep track. I have a decently high overall MMR, though I won't pretend to have the highest - I'm just going off my consistent 8-12 hook games on 15-20 killers out of the roster, since there's little other criteria known. More confidence is personally given to seeing a slew of hackers, but given the possibility of them manipulating MMR I'm not saying that's a given proof of higher tiers of play.

Wraith just doesn't seem to improve. I don't know if this is a bug, somewhere for them to improve, or what, but this post is to express exasperation at unsatisfactory games. I ran perkless/add-on-less as a rough test, and here's the result:

UnsatisfiedWithSBMM.jpg

That DC was someone quitting on third hook - which I still don't really understand, but that's another discussion.

I don't camp, I don't tunnel, I'll even let'em heal under hook if I have another target, but I still dominate the game and seem only paired with console potatoes on Wraith; this versus the SWF squads I get on other killers which I don't play as much. Is there something I'm missing?

Comments

  • My wraith games are sweaty as hell. You have to sweat you last shirt to get a 4k. Clearly not overperforming

  • Might be a bug or just MMR being MMR. The killers I play the most are Huntress and Nurse. With Huntress I consistently get nothing but sweat squads with 4 meta builds and games always finish in less than 10 minutes, sometimes with only 3~4 hooks even though my chases are usually <30 seconds.

    Meanwhile with Nurse it's the opposite, I keep steamrolling 3~4 lobbies in a row before I finally find a challenging one. I win way more with her and I still get paired with the obvious solo teams running Self Care and doing adepts. This actually made me consider only maining Nurse even though my favorite killer is still Hunty Mommy.

  • I'm not saying it's a Wraith-exclusive issue, @landromat, moreso saying "anyone else have any killer that doesn't seem to jive with the system?"

    I'm no stranger to sweat with other killers before and after the change, and before SBMM I had to actually work for kills with Wraith - I'm also saying here that I don't like what I'm getting.

    While it seems isolated to the Wraith for me, I'd rather have more than just my own experiences as data points, you know?

  • @Labrac said:

    Might be a bug or just MMR being MMR. The killers I play the most are Huntress and Nurse. With Huntress I consistently get nothing but sweat squads with 4 meta builds and games always finish in less than 10 minutes, sometimes with only 3~4 hooks even though my chases are usually <30 seconds.

    Meanwhile with Nurse it's the opposite, I keep steamrolling 3~4 lobbies in a row before I finally find a challenging one. I win way more with her and I still get paired with the obvious solo teams running Self Care and doing adepts. This actually made me consider only maining Nurse even though my favorite killer is still Hunty Mommy.

    Thanks for the info - I genuinely dislike the steamrolls, you know? I just hope this stuff gets sorted out, and that anyone else having more specific experiences than 'sweat squads' (which I personally enjoy) can share their consternation without getting dismissed off-hand.

  • I get much oddness with Legion, one match against a sweat squad followed by 5 matches against new players who don't even know about mending, this is after more that 150 games since SBMM came in. My Pig, Plague, and Trickster get far more stable contests from far fewer matches.

  • @shalo said:

    I get much oddness with Legion, one match against a sweat squad followed by 5 matches against new players who don't even know about mending, this is after more that 150 games since SBMM came in. My Pig, Plague, and Trickster get far more stable contests from far fewer matches.

    I wonder if the new system overcompensates for some things if you play a killer a lot.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545129#Comment_2545129

    Thanks for the info - I genuinely dislike the steamrolls, you know? I just hope this stuff gets sorted out, and that anyone else having more specific experiences than 'sweat squads' (which I personally enjoy) can share their consternation without getting dismissed off-hand.

    Yeah, I also don't like steamrolling solo teams with the S tier killer, but at least I try my best running meme perks on her and trying to 2 hook everyone before killing. It would be good to have consistent games against good survivors, but anything is better than the sweat squads I swear you.

  • @landromat said:

    My wraith games are sweaty as hell. You have to sweat you last shirt to get a 4k. Clearly not overperforming

    Theres really nothing sweaty about playing Wraith...

  • No killers are overperforming anymore. You just see Wraith a lot because bad survivors don't know how to counter him.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    No killers are overperforming anymore. You just see Wraith a lot because bad survivors don't know how to counter him.

    I don't think you understood the post. My Wraith seems to be being paired against 'bad/new survivors' despite a consistent history of good/excellent performance, which doesn't match with how other killers are performing or how Wraith should be performing under SBMM.

  • I feel like my worst killers that I never play with get matched up with the sweatiest gen rushing survivor teams.

    I played Pyramid Head on Midwich for a daily and I only got one hook because I kept missing Rites attacks. All of my opponents were red grade 1, while at killer I’m currently gold 3. Also, I never play PH save for dailies or build requests.

    Meanwhile with Spirit I get paired against sweat squads about 50% of my games. So strange.