I don't like playing against Pinhead

And for some reason, I appear to be in the minority. I've taken to the internet many times, trying to find people who shared my opinion, perhaps find some advice on how to deal with him, but I mostly seem to find people saying he's fun to play against, 'weaker than Clown' and 'piss easy to beat'. In fact, I've even seen people call for multiple buffs.

I don't get it. I really don't. I can't seem to win a single game against this guy and every time I go against him it's a miserable experience. As soon as the chain hunt has begun, aside from the fact that it's very annoying, you can't really do anything anymore. You have to solve the box.

My problem with that is that he can either teleport to you while doing so or be close enough to interrupt you with a regular M2 to down you and trigger a chain hunt on the entire team. When he teleports to me, I never know exactly where he's going to be coming from, which often results in him getting a free hit. This means if I'm already injured, there's no way I'm touching that box.

In the few complaint posts I've found, I've seen people say that all you have to do is hold onto the box and solve it when he's carrying someone or when he's mid chase. Does simply holding the box stop the chains from spawning all the time? If not, what are you supposed to do in the meantime?

As for an example of why I think he's super frustrating to play against, in the game I just played, I finally found his Ruin and started cleansing it. The person carrying the box went down at around the 90% mark and it interrupted my cleanse. I tried cleansing it after that but the constant chains spawning prevented me from doing so and alerted the killer to my position. After a solid thirty seconds of me trying to cleanse that totem, he found and downed me and I let myself die on hook. I typically don't do this but it was my second Pinhead game in a row and I just reached my limit.

I'm really hoping I'm missing something obvious, some trick perhaps, that will make my experience with this killer less miserable. I'm looking for advice. Anything. Please help.

Comments

  • Stupidly annoying killer that I can't stand playing against. Chains are stupid and I just love when the chain hunt begins and I'm trying to solve the cube but getting chained being stopped from solving the damn cube. To those who wanted him in congrats, but I hate him he's the most annoying killer to face in this game and the strongest apparently. Probably just because of the stupid chain hunt

  • @feechima said:

    I find Pinhead annoying to go against for the same reason I hated going against Blights when he first came out. 90% of the players are using the same hoarder/Franklins build and the chain hunt is constant. On larger maps it is a pain to get to the box in time so having it in your possession (and the killer usually has duration add ons that make it slower to solve) is almost impossible before someone is hooked. On smaller maps Pinhead runs into his box even when you are not holding it and the chain hunt begins.

    Then I hear there are people that play him so much they know where the lament configuration spawns right off the bat. Haven't seen this yet, but that sounds like a nightmare too. When people first played Pinhead they would teleport constantly, now they don't teleport because hoarder tells them you've picked up the box and they just interrupt you solving it, pick it up, chain hunt and down you because 50 million chains keep spawning. The constant need to break chains is the most annoying thing I have ever faced in this game and I've played it off and on for over three years. Don't get me wrong, its good tactics, but tedious and boring as all get out.

    Also, playing solo and even with a two man, I have found my teammates don't want to pick up the box so I end up taking aggro even while injured. There can literally be a full health person running around during chain hunt like their behind is on fire and the rest is catching.

    The problem is, most are using the same builds and addons because he is a weak killer, and is new. People want to play him, but they want to play him so they dont get destroyed. That build makes him feel strong enough to get a 4k.

    With MMR aswell, its made people want to win a lot more. Minimum 1 out of 3 games now when im survivor has a killer using an iri addon and the other 2/3 games they're using strong addons now. I dont see people running yellow addons much anymore. People want to win, people want to play a new character and be viable.

    The chains may be annoying to deal with, but they are weak and easy to counter. Would you still hate it as basekit if he hit you with a chain and it injured you and then downed you?

  • @Gylfie said:

    And for some reason, I appear to be in the minority. I've taken to the internet many times, trying to find people who shared my opinion, perhaps find some advice on how to deal with him, but I mostly seem to find people saying he's fun to play against, 'weaker than Clown' and 'piss easy to beat'. In fact, I've even seen people call for multiple buffs.

    I don't get it. I really don't. I can't seem to win a single game against this guy and every time I go against him it's a miserable experience. As soon as the chain hunt has begun, aside from the fact that it's very annoying, you can't really do anything anymore. You have to solve the box.

    My problem with that is that he can either teleport to you while doing so or be close enough to interrupt you with a regular M2 to down you and trigger a chain hunt on the entire team. When he teleports to me, I never know exactly where he's going to be coming from, which often results in him getting a free hit. This means if I'm already injured, there's no way I'm touching that box.

    In the few complaint posts I've found, I've seen people say that all you have to do is hold onto the box and solve it when he's carrying someone or when he's mid chase. Does simply holding the box stop the chains from spawning all the time? If not, what are you supposed to do in the meantime?

    As for an example of why I think he's super frustrating to play against, in the game I just played, I finally found his Ruin and started cleansing it. The person carrying the box went down at around the 90% mark and it interrupted my cleanse. I tried cleansing it after that but the constant chains spawning prevented me from doing so and alerted the killer to my position. After a solid thirty seconds of me trying to cleanse that totem, he found and downed me and I let myself die on hook. I typically don't do this but it was my second Pinhead game in a row and I just reached my limit.

    I'm really hoping I'm missing something obvious, some trick perhaps, that will make my experience with this killer less miserable. I'm looking for advice. Anything. Please help.

    My advise is buy Pinhead, play him 10+ Trials (and as Killer), and see for yourself why he is considered trash.

    I dont think you understand how bad the situation is between how easy Survivor is vs how hard Killer is (especially Pinhead).

  • @Gylfie said:

    And for some reason, I appear to be in the minority. I've taken to the internet many times, trying to find people who shared my opinion, perhaps find some advice on how to deal with him, but I mostly seem to find people saying he's fun to play against, 'weaker than Clown' and 'piss easy to beat'. In fact, I've even seen people call for multiple buffs.

    I don't get it. I really don't. I can't seem to win a single game against this guy and every time I go against him it's a miserable experience. As soon as the chain hunt has begun, aside from the fact that it's very annoying, you can't really do anything anymore. You have to solve the box.

    My problem with that is that he can either teleport to you while doing so or be close enough to interrupt you with a regular M2 to down you and trigger a chain hunt on the entire team. When he teleports to me, I never know exactly where he's going to be coming from, which often results in him getting a free hit. This means if I'm already injured, there's no way I'm touching that box.

    In the few complaint posts I've found, I've seen people say that all you have to do is hold onto the box and solve it when he's carrying someone or when he's mid chase. Does simply holding the box stop the chains from spawning all the time? If not, what are you supposed to do in the meantime?

    As for an example of why I think he's super frustrating to play against, in the game I just played, I finally found his Ruin and started cleansing it. The person carrying the box went down at around the 90% mark and it interrupted my cleanse. I tried cleansing it after that but the constant chains spawning prevented me from doing so and alerted the killer to my position. After a solid thirty seconds of me trying to cleanse that totem, he found and downed me and I let myself die on hook. I typically don't do this but it was my second Pinhead game in a row and I just reached my limit.

    I'm really hoping I'm missing something obvious, some trick perhaps, that will make my experience with this killer less miserable. I'm looking for advice. Anything. Please help.

    People are waiting too long to solve the cube. You want to solve it when you still have about half of your bar. And I would say don't wait for a time to solve it. If he's running the add-ons to increase the amount of time for you to solve it then he'll be able to teleport if he wants to. Instead it's all about where to solve it. On top of a hill, or across from a window are good places to solve the cube.

  • @Gylfie said:

    Reviving my own thread to add that the iridescent addon that hides the box aura until the chain hunt begins is the pinnacle of unfun.

    I ran all around the map trying to find the box but no luck. The chain hunt started, so I saw the box and picked it up, but because the chains were already spawning I straight up couldn't solve it without getting interrupted constantly. This gave the Pinhead plenty of time to simply walk up to me and slap it out of my hands with Franklin's, starting the entire process of unfunnery again.

    Lovely design.

    "but because the chains were already spawning I straight up couldn't solve it without getting interrupted constantly."

    I'm seeing a lot of players say this because they don't understand how the power works. Of course you're going to struggle if you don't know how the power works and make mistakes due to the lack of knowledge.


    There's a delay in-between chain spawns and new ones can't spawn once you start solving the box. The only way for it to interrupt you is if it spawns right before you start solving as there's also a delay before it shoots from the portal.

    When you want to solve the box make sure you dodge the next chain first then start solving as soon as you dodge it. Getting hit does not stop the spawn timer for the next chain afaik, so if you do get hit by a chain, break it and the follow-up chains, dodge the next chain, then solve.

    Do not solve immediately upon pickup or spam solve, wait for the dodge.

    The box, and by extension the chain hunt, is actually very easy to solve if Pinhead himself doesn't stop you. Hence why Hoarder became a popular perk for him in the first place.

  • I don't like playing against Pinhead either. In fact, I don't like facing any killer that either slows me down or prevent me from doing anything lmao

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544870#Comment_2544870

    "but because the chains were already spawning I straight up couldn't solve it without getting interrupted constantly."

    I'm seeing a lot of players say this because they don't understand how the power works. Of course you're going to struggle if you don't know how the power works and make mistakes due to the lack of knowledge.

    There's a delay in-between chain spawns and new ones can't spawn once you start solving the box. The only way for it to interrupt you is if it spawns right before you start solving as there's also a delay before it shoots from the portal.

    When you want to solve the box make sure you dodge the next chain first then start solving as soon as you dodge it. Getting hit does not stop the spawn timer for the next chain afaik, so if you do get hit by a chain, break it and the follow-up chains, dodge the next chain, then solve.

    Do not solve immediately upon pickup or spam solve, wait for the dodge.

    The box, and by extension the chain hunt, is actually very easy to solve if Pinhead himself doesn't stop you. Hence why Hoarder became a popular perk for him in the first place.

    That's actually some solid advice there, I'll try it out and see if it helps me. :)

1 2 ›