Things that I think need to be looked at
Before we start, I am not new to online games or team games. I have been playing online games since the age of the 56K modem and before that on LAN servers, so when I say the following, this is not me being salty or toxic, it is merely suggestions to make the game better.
I bought DBD some time ago and ended up not playing it, not because the game was bad, but because of the way the game was played buy some people. I have heard both sides of the argument about it being killers / survivors sided and being easier or having more perks and to be honest I can see both sides. It is hard for a game to be made like this completely equal, its not like both teams are equal or played the same. I have played both killer and survivor and find that it's not so much the perks, it how you play as killer or how your team works together as survivor. However there are is one thing that, for me, really spoils the game and that is how some people play the game in such bad manor.
The other day I played with a team, I was chased quite a bit and eventually hooked. Not the worst thing, it is the nature of the game, however the killer stood in front of me and never moved. When my teammates came to rescue me, he just stood there stopping them coming close, never chasing them. I know that camping is classed as part of the game, and on this occasion my one hook became three hooks without me moving, while my team did the gens without being chased and having to leave. This to me is not at all how the game is to be played and spoils the game for all the players. The killer only gets one kill and spend all the time at the hook, the teammates get no challenge and I end up with a game doing nothing. Then comes the sluggers, who slug the whole team and leaves them on the floor without hooking anyone. Leaving everybody with two options, sitting just watching the screen while they bleed out, while the killer holds the game at ransom, or disconnecting and having a penalty, again spoiling the game.
On the other side is the toxic survivor, who spends the whole game hiding, watching their teammates struggle, or purposely bringing the killer to people doing gens and making noise, waiting for the team to die, just to get hatch.
Now not all players are like this. I have seen good and bad players that play the game how it should be played. I'm not against a killer chasing me all game, knowing that I have been on hook and they can get me out of game if they can get me again. I don't expect them to hook everybody once before hooking me again, neither do I expect a killer to make it easy for me to get saved. The same way I don't expect every survivor to be able to do gens, hit every skill check or be able to run the killer. I know there are some perks to help, but these are limited to one time and cannot be picked during the game.
I stopped playing the game when I first bought it, only returning because of my long experience in games, wanting to get to grips with it. I am older now and let the toxicity run over my head, but many new players will play this a few times and then leave it, and with queues to get into games longer now, it seams time to implement some new rules or something to take the toxicity away. I don't want to see DBD become a dead game because of the few that spoil it.
Comments