What's your opinion on boon totems as a killer?
in Polls
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I can't believe you can rebless a totem
If they were counterable without either Tunneling or being Plague, they'd probably be OK. As they are, I suspect they're going to cause several Killers to just... not get played.
as a killer you hear a sound near the boon totem
32m, reblessable, are active for ALL survivors, and have a strong effect. Oh and not only that, they nerfed Thrill of the hunt just for them, apparently a perk that can be permanently removed is too strong but 4 players being able to activate strong perks over and over and share effects is completly fine.
I think the fact that killers can't DESTROY the booned totem, plus survivors can REBLESS them, and 4 SURVIVORS CAN BRING THEM makes them too strong
edit: oh and they are ANOTHER OBJECTIVE for the killer. Boon totems may be as strong as hexes but th edifference is when a hex is cleansed you lose it for the rest of the match.
I don't think adding another objective for the killers was good in current state of the game.
But, I am on console so I can't test it myself and see. Currently I am not sure if it is too bad like some others think but was it unneccessary? Yes.
The effects are on the same level as killer hexes. The risk sure is not, and this is where the problems stem from.
if they stay like they are, im never playing the game again
i don't know the exact number of meters, but you can clearly hear a constant sound, easier to hear than hexes
if you equip two boon totem perks, how canyou choose which one u want to apply?
they both apply to the totem
Overall In terms of the effects the healing perk, and the one that loses ones scratch mark are quite busted. After playing killer I noticed that they were healing quite quickly, and often. Which will massively hurt killers that rely on injuring, such as legion. Or any killer for that matter, it will be hard to apply pressure by injuring people if they have the perk and you have to go out of your way to find it at the end of the map. So that perk is somewhat OP, and definitely needs a nerf maybe make it so they can fully heal but at regular speed, making it a high risk high reward perk. And I often found that good survivor could get lost quickly with the iron will combo and losing scratch marks hex perk. This will definitely be strongly used by smart SWF, I can already see it. On solos not really.
Too strong for sure
These never should of even made it to the PTB. I am severely disappointed in BHVR. Clearly they need to do a cleaning of their dev's, designers, and qa team.
If they had infinite range then I'd definitely consider them too strong, but at 28m I'm going to say they're for the most part fine, especially considering you can't bless them instantly but it rather takes a bit of time.
I think their effects are fine, but I think there either needs to be a limit on how many times you can rebless a totem or the totem should be destroyed when cleansed by the killer.
I think the question is will survivors use them after the novelty wears off, or will these be relegated to memeing? The meta is always useful and not limited to within range of RNG totem placement. Beyond the meta, I'm not sure anything will get those self-caring Claudettes out of their corners.
I will go on to say I don't think it's good to add another thing for killers to deal with. Now it's not just remembering what perks each of the four different survivors are running and pressuring gens but also taking time out to deal with something new, and killers are already pressed for time.
If the killer fully broke the totem when they kicked it. They would be fine, but the fact the perk can just be activated again is a bit too much for me.
I play both sides and I think they are too strong currently.