Can we hide our names in lobby and game until match is over?
I don't know what it is, but when I play survivor I have killers harassing me moreso than the other survivors and the other survivors are teaming up with the killer against me.
3 out of the 4 matches I have played today so far have been this way.
Maybe they recognize my name from when I play killer (I play that role mostly lately), and they want some payback?
Let me hide my name so I don't get unfairly treated.
Comments
I don't think it's personal. I can't even imagine players who do something like * Oh this player killed me, i will write down his name and mb someday i avenge myself*. It's like u met bunch of trolls.
I've seen FB groups a crazy amount of people that keep lists of players they didn't like in previous matches. I couldn't believe it. There are also name and shame groups where people exchange their lists. It's sad.
I'd love to be able to have my name hidden until end of match. Too many times I have run into same killer in back to back matches, or multiple times in same game session, where they camp/tunnel me out if I escaped the previous match. They play normal in first match but then throw second just to make sure I don't escape again. I don't do anything toxic - just do gens, cleanse totems, unhook teammates, and try to avoid getting hit in a chase.
Yes you can hide your name and disable chat if playing steam. Go to the settings and where you adjust the volume look for where it says show name and turn it off. And to disable chat look where theres the chat icon click on that and you should not see the chat. Also, you can block players and report them if they play unfairly as unsportsmanship.
Oh,and this would be if you lost and died not when you are in a match.
The only issue I can think of hiding names in-game is when two or more survivors are using the same survivor and outfit. But that is a minor concern relative to the overall issue you brought up.
At the very least, names need to be removed in the pre-game lobby.