A tweak to whispers to help both sides.

Adjust Whispers so it doesn't detect hooked Survivors. That's it.

It no longer makes killers paranoid that there are altruists by the hook.
If there are none, they are more tempted to leave.
This reduces camping some. It won't kill camping, though.

Comments

  • Adjust Whispers so it doesn't detect hooked Survivors. That's it.

    It no longer makes killers paranoid that there are altruists by the hook.
    If there are none, they are more tempted to leave.
    This reduces camping some. It won't kill camping, though.
    This would be a great little tweak as it's actually why I don't use whispers.
  • BBQ already tells you if there are survivors nearby or not. It would be more of a buff in my opinion. When I use whispers I use it to find the last survivor after the other 3 are dead.

  • PolarBear said:

    BBQ already tells you if there are survivors nearby or not. It would be more of a buff in my opinion. When I use whispers I use it to find the last survivor after the other 3 are dead.

    Ah, but I don't have BBQ. 

    And yeah, it would he a buff, sorta in that you either know an unhooked survivor is near by or not.
    That way if you hook someone, and no one else is around, you're more motivated to leave the hook.
    It would work similarly to BBQ, but about only as far as that.

    More motivation to leave the hooked person helps survivors who don't like being camped, and I feel like the game could use more motivation to leave a hooked person in general.

  • @PolarBear said:
    BBQ already tells you if there are survivors nearby or not. It would be more of a buff in my opinion. When I use whispers I use it to find the last survivor after the other 3 are dead.

    it would be a good tiny buff, after all there are so many areas in the game that could use little buffs, like how if one survivor dc's the amount of ew energy you get for stalking off them isn't increased to balance it out

  • @TheMadDoctor said:

    @PolarBear said:
    BBQ already tells you if there are survivors nearby or not. It would be more of a buff in my opinion. When I use whispers I use it to find the last survivor after the other 3 are dead.

    it would be a good tiny buff, after all there are so many areas in the game that could use little buffs, like how if one survivor dc's the amount of ew energy you get for stalking off them isn't increased to balance it out

    Whispers is fine as it is besides, they are already thinking of reworking it so let's wait and see.

  • @PolarBear said:

    @TheMadDoctor said:

    @PolarBear said:
    BBQ already tells you if there are survivors nearby or not. It would be more of a buff in my opinion. When I use whispers I use it to find the last survivor after the other 3 are dead.

    it would be a good tiny buff, after all there are so many areas in the game that could use little buffs, like how if one survivor dc's the amount of ew energy you get for stalking off them isn't increased to balance it out

    Whispers is fine as it is besides, they are already thinking of reworking it so let's wait and see.

    True, still, always room for improvement.

  • It would be nice to see that changed, but I think whispers is already fairly powerful. It's a perk I rarely play without because it saves me so much time by reducing the amount of time I spend looking in areas where there are no survivors. I mean, as soon as the perk icon dims, I know I'm going the wrong direction. Also, I don't have to run to the edges of the level to check for survivors, unless whispers is active.

  • I kinda disagree, Whispers is already very strong when you learn to use it properly. It's perfectly balanced as it is.