Highly suggested Trapper buffs
So it looks like the devs are looking at a few killers right now, and Trapper is one of them. I know he just got a few changes, but I really think this is the time to give him what he deserves. I am not saying the other buffs he got were bad, he just needs more than that.
Here are some suggestions:
- The time it takes to escape a bear trap has been set to a 10 second long channel
- The time needed to disarm a bear trap has been increased to 4 seconds
- Dead hard no longer allows survivors to go through traps
- It now takes 4 seconds to rescue a survivor from a bear trap
- Injured survivors who step in a bear trap and escape by themselves inflicts them with the deep wound status effect
- Better trap spawn RNG; Make traps spawn more in the middle of maps. Sometimes traps can spawn on a hill in the corner of the map facing away from you, this takes a considerable amount of time to get.
Along with some addon changes, I think these would do trapper right.
Currently, the way survivors escape from bear traps is inconsistent, even with the fixed RNG. The problem with the RNG to it is that a trapper player cannot commit to rushing towards a trapped survivor without them escaping most of the time. There really is no reason for this to stay in the game.
By changing the escape mechanic to work as a channel, it still allows the sense of "Will I get out before the killer gets me?" to stay while buffing trapper.
Bear traps are just too weak most of the time. It is very easy for survivors to play around them as well. They literally save survivors from bear traps faster than the trapper places them.
Bear traps need to be stronger, and these buffs will help.
Comments
Average survivors would definitely call this OP.
10sec to escape is likely 3-4 attempt and equal to ~40m traveling. And thats alot.
I just want disarming his trap should come with a risk. That you have to success a skill check to close it, or get trapped. Disarming skill check zone can be decreased with Coil.
Someone can dedicate in following you to disarm traps. Increase disarming time doesnt help Trapper
Sounds interesting, but survivors are already too good at skillchecks. I really couldn't think of anything else that could help him so I just went with increasing disarm time.
I would give disarming skill check around 30 degree (DS is 30 which people often miss). A Brown coil would drop 5 degree, a Yellow coil would drop 10. Put 2 coils for impossible skill check.
And you dont want it to be op. You only need 1 or 2 failed skill check per game at the right moment to make game changing. Because how traps work, survivors forced to disarm his trap all the time to open loops path. They must at least once in ten attempts
I always thought traps should Hindred Survivors if they escaped them. You mangled your foot in a bear trap, why would that not affect your speed?
I agree with pretty much all of your suggestions as well.
he got bag baseline. you can't ask for anything more.
...But he needs more
nope nope. devs dont think so