Are survivors who hold the game hostage ever banned?

How serious of a transgression is to hold the game hostage?

Are people only banned if they do it many, many times? Or doing it just a couple of times can get them a short ban?

I'm asking this because, even though you don't see this very often, a single time may make you waste a lot of time in a single match. I'm talking specifically about survivors who, at some point in a match when they're at disavantage, decide to just hide around the map, not doing any objective, but stay moving so they don't atract any crows, and making so the killer can't have any gameplay but also can't leave the match unless he disconnects. Recently I had a match as Trickster on Mother's Dwelling where two survivors decided to do this after the other two got killed. I spent a LONG time searching for them in the biggest map in the game as a 110% killer, until one of them finally gave up and vault-spammed to call my atention. I then hooked him and found the other via BBQ & Chilli.

The thing is, is not the first time I see this and I doubt it will be the last. Whenever it happens, I report the survivors involved. My question is: does reporting make any difference?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Lol Of course not. We cant get hackers banned, why would this be any different?

  • @Holdup said:

    Lol Of course not. We cant get hackers banned, why would this be any different?

    they do ban people though...

    image.png


  • yzopk.jpg

    Music

    I'm sad that the chat filter makes it a lot harder to understand when to report someone for communication abuse tho

  • I feel like this situation seriously needs a surrender button. I will give up long before the survivors do, but I have no way of letting them know they are free to go.

  • @Malkhrim said:

    How serious of a transgression is to hold the game hostage?

    Are people only banned if they do it many, many times? Or doing it just a couple of times can get them a short ban?

    I'm asking this because, even though you don't see this very often, a single time may make you waste a lot of time in a single match. I'm talking specifically about survivors who, at some point in a match when they're at disavantage, decide to just hide around the map, not doing any objective, but stay moving so they don't atract any crows, and making so the killer can't have any gameplay but also can't leave the match unless he disconnects. Recently I had a match as Trickster on Mother's Dwelling where two survivors decided to do this after the other two got killed. I spent a LONG time searching for them in the biggest map in the game as a 110% killer, until one of them finally gave up and vault-spammed to call my atention. I then hooked him and found the other via BBQ & Chilli.

    The thing is, is not the first time I see this and I doubt it will be the last. Whenever it happens, I report the survivors involved. My question is: does reporting make any difference?

    It is a temporary ban under the rules, essentially, if someone breaks the temp bans, they get a temp ban if reported. It is important that you report them in the game and best would be to record it, so you can send it to support afterwards.

    Holding the game hostage is definitely not allowed, as it is intentionally ruining the game for other people. In your case, if you prove that they were not doing anything and only hiding, they were intentionally holding the game hostage to extend it unnecessarily as much as possible.