List of which killers you know you're up against before they engage you and which not
There's been a small discussion about whether or not survivors should know who they are up against at the start of the match regardless of killer. (Not BEFORE the match, for reasons discussed at length). Here's a list of which killers you know you are up against before you run into them
Can be identified prior to encountering:
- Trapper (traps)
- Wraith (specific whooshing sound regardless of addons)
- Billy (chainsaw reffing)
- Nurse (gasping)
- Huntress (lullaby)
- Bubba (chainsaw)
- Freddy (clocks and timer)
- Pig (boxes)
- Plague (fountains)
- Demo (gurgling)
- nemesis (boxes)
- pinhead (chains)
That's 12 out of 25. I didn't add Trickster as his Lullaby is too similar to his TR music.
Comments
Spirit's phasing noise count?
Doctor's static blast charging sound?
You can hear Mikey tier up whether he's looking at you or not.
You'll generally know it's either legion or slinger when they first encounter a survivor, even if not you.
Pyramid & Slinger sound so similar. Can only tell with deep wound.
Spirit, maybe.
But doctor, legion and slinger are killers where they are close enough to hit the moment you know it's them.
I'm rather talking about being able to take precautions as far as possible
Some I would like to add;
Honorable mention: If a survivor gets one shot without any other indication, it's an Iri Head Huntress. If they scream first it's most likely a clown with Pinky Finger addon.
Eh, as said, they are off the list because while they are very distinct, they do need to be near the survivors to do these things. Near enough to attack.
Doctor is an either or, as he might set off his blast far away from survivors.
I start every match assuming its Wraith, Myers or GF. I run alert which gives it away early doors.
The posts says "before they engage you" which is why I counted these. But fair enough if you don't wanna count them.
might edit the wording when I find a better one
It depends how new you are to the game. If you're experienced in DBD, or you've watched it a lot online, or you've read the wiki, then you can ID the killers based on this -- but if you're new, god help you, because you have no idea who it is or what you're supposed to do. And I've never understood how new people are supposed to learn except by turning off the game and searching the internet.