larger than 16:9 aspect ratio's

TLDR : instead of zooming in the camera and making some menus impossible to even use in 32:9 aspect ratio use black bars and make all monitors run the game in 16:9 at the correct and intended size if you are not going to allow the game to run at larger aspect ratios.

I currently have a monitor that is 32:9 aspect ratio. Because of the way the game decides to zoom in the camera rather than stretch the amount of visible range it makes the game unbearably zoomed in the point where I can't hardly see. If I play as a killer such as the huntress the axe takes up more than 1/3rd of the screen from top to bottom effectively eliminating my ability to see anything on my right side. If I play survivor it is so zoomed in my character head is nearly at the top of my screen. I understand that you want a "fair" playing field for all players but the solution to zoom in larger aspect ratios actually hurts players with them. Since players are not allowed to change the resolution in the game without jumping through major hoops please just use black bars and make the game always in 16:9 rather than just zooming in the game.

Comments

  • it's great they introduced the 16:9/black bars option for in-game, but is there a way to apply this to the main menu too, without having to ALT+Enter to return to windowed mode?