Trapper Sack will already need adjustment

I like the addon, because I've been suggesting something similar for ages. But I don't like the weird necessity to add such a strong downside for a pretty underwhelming thing.

Not being able to reposition or pick up traps AT ALL is completely detrimental. As a Trapper, the last thing you want is all your traps being in predictable positions, and to keep resetting traps again and again in the same spot a survivor has already seen.

This addon will essentially force the Trapper to perform this action. Yes, he'll start off the match with all his traps, which gives him a ton of setup potential, but then... he's going to end up worse than if he only carried one trap at a time, because now he can't reposition and adapt to the flow of the game.

Some would say that's the drawback of such a powerful thing, but I highly disagree; starting with all your traps is not going to be nearly as good as people think, at least, not nearly good enough to justify NEVER BEING ABLE TO PICK UP TRAPS!

So, I will propose this change:

  • The Trapper begins the trail with ALL his beartraps.
  • After placing all his traps, he can only carry 1 trap at a time, and cannot be altered by bag addons.

This way, its much like the Iridescent Head: its a powerful thing, but the drawback doesn't allow other addons to alter it, and the Trapper isn't put in a position where they are unable to adapt to the match.

Comments

  • Yeah that was stupid af.

    I think this is the only purple add on that screws the killer this badly lol. This kind of downside is only present in garbage tier ultra rare add ons.

  • I dont even get why it needs a downside. Hag starts with all her traps I dont know why Trapper has to be crippled to do it.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    I dont even get why it needs a downside. Hag starts with all her traps I dont know why Trapper has to be crippled to do it.

    I kinda get it; some addons have pretty big downsides that change how you have to play the Killer, such as Waterlogue Shoe, which change how the Hag's power works entirely, or Iridescent Head forcing you to land your one shot or get punished.

    But... This isn't changing how you play the killer, this is just making the Killer unplayable after you place #########. Imagine you place a bad trap using this addon; you can't fix it now!

  • @Myla said:

    Yeah that was stupid af.

    I think this is the only purple add on that screws the killer this badly lol. This kind of downside is only present in garbage tier ultra rare add ons.

    I wouldn't say so. Waterlogged Shoe exists.

    But yeah, there's no addon to this tier that ######### the Killer this hard. Sure, having all your traps is great, and it really makes the Trapper scary, but I really don't think it'll be as strong as the Devs and Community thinks. Especially not strong enough to justify basically removing his power after he's placed all his traps.

    Maybe they were considering how this could be used with his pink addon that resets traps automatically, but the thing is... not letting us move the Traps just ENCOURAGES using that combination more... You'll see this with Basement Trappers for sure.

  • It will just lead to extremely predictable trap placements - exit gate levers, basement, shack - which will then make the add-on useless. I think your suggestion is much better.

  • I agree with your concern, but on the flip side I’m also upset if they aren’t modifying Iridescent Stone. These two together are going to lead to the most boring, predictable Trapper matches this game has ever seen.

  • it doesn't need a downside. just let the man move his traps. XD if Trapper becomes and issue, then we can address it, but I don't expect him to suddenly become S tier. XD

  • Clarified and retracted

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Does this mean that if survivors Sabo the traps they will respawn in useless areas unable to be moved?

    Are you trolling or serious? I can't tell. Sabotaging traps has been removed from the game for, how long now? Two and a half years?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515233#Comment_2515233

    Are you trolling or serious? I can't tell. Sabotaging traps has been removed from the game for, how long now? Two and a half years?

    Ah, must had been a hacker then. Thought that was the case but had a survivor busting them or respawning elsewhere a few days ago.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515272#Comment_2515272

    Ah, must had been a hacker then. Thought that was the case but had a survivor busting them or respawning elsewhere a few days ago.

    Ah, I see. It's actually been a year and a half (March 2020).

    Yeah, cheaters are definitely on the rise. Seen a lot of forum topics about it and saw a blatant one without a care in the world myself today or yesterday.

  • Picture this.

    Trapper runs Iron Grasp, Agitation, Basement in Shack offering, and Trapper Bag.

    Trapper catches a Survivor and carts him off to the basement almost regardless of where they went down because Agi + IG. He then proceeds to drop all 8 of his traps in and around the Shack. That survivor he caught is probably dead and so is anybody who tries to get them out. Against any team that's not a SWF and can warn each other... that's looking like easy 4k territory as the Survivors' altruism leads them into a massive trap that'll probably get them killed.

    In short... starting with 8 traps on your hand allows Trapper to set up some really nasty situations if one were so inclined. That's why it's got such a nasty drawback. You could be right that that's too much of a drawback and letting him cart around just 1 trap afterwards would be better... but I'm pretty sure the above situation is why it's got such a massive downside.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    Picture this.

    Trapper runs Iron Grasp, Agitation, Basement in Shack offering, and Trapper Bag.

    Trapper catches a Survivor and carts him off to the basement almost regardless of where they went down because Agi + IG. He then proceeds to drop all 8 of his traps in and around the Shack. That survivor he caught is probably dead and so is anybody who tries to get them out. Against any team that's not a SWF and can warn each other... that's looking like easy 4k territory as the Survivors' altruism leads them into a massive trap that'll probably get them killed.

    In short... starting with 8 traps on your hand allows Trapper to set up some really nasty situations if one were so inclined. That's why it's got such a nasty drawback. You could be right that that's too much of a drawback and letting him cart around just 1 trap afterwards would be better... but I'm pretty sure the above situation is why it's got such a massive downside.

    Maybe instead Trapper should only be permitted to place traps within a certain radius of other traps? It's crazy how quickly he can snowball, especially with basement. And there are more powerful basements than shack.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    Picture this.

    Trapper runs Iron Grasp, Agitation, Basement in Shack offering, and Trapper Bag.

    Trapper catches a Survivor and carts him off to the basement almost regardless of where they went down because Agi + IG. He then proceeds to drop all 8 of his traps in and around the Shack. That survivor he caught is probably dead and so is anybody who tries to get them out. Against any team that's not a SWF and can warn each other... that's looking like easy 4k territory as the Survivors' altruism leads them into a massive trap that'll probably get them killed.

    In short... starting with 8 traps on your hand allows Trapper to set up some really nasty situations if one were so inclined. That's why it's got such a nasty drawback. You could be right that that's too much of a drawback and letting him cart around just 1 trap afterwards would be better... but I'm pretty sure the above situation is why it's got such a massive downside.

    Sure, you may be right.

    But... This drawback doesn't prevent this from happening. In fact, all it does is encourage it EVEN MORE because that's the ONLY way you can viably play now if you have this addon, because you -won't be able to move your traps to better positions-.

    And because of that, the only people who will use this perk and not care about its downside, is the very people you've just described.

  • @Myla said:

    Yeah that was stupid af.

    I think this is the only purple add on that screws the killer this badly lol. This kind of downside is only present in garbage tier ultra rare add ons.

    Pig has her "lose all information of where the survivors are probably going to be on the map BUT get an aura read 4 times a game on one survivor which will probably be worthless if you're any good at killer as you'll probably be busy in a chase."