The SBMM and how it works. Explanation

Hello,

Grades have no influence on matchmaking. They are simply an indicator of how often you play and likewise the MMR has to stabilize first. This can be 10 matches, but it can also be 15 matches, who knows. I hope that this time also the last one has understood it, because again and again contributions appear here in the forum with the reason: Hey, I am bronze grade and I have to play against Iridescend grade? That is unacceptable! But let's be honest. Please finally read the patch notes for the respective articles, then you will understand the whole thing.

Now we come to the Wincondition: What does a Win mean at all?

A lot of people here are starting to create QUIT posts, because they just think they don't have the feeling to win or to have won. For example, the killrate or escaperate plays an important role for those. Do I make a 4K, or did I escape, I won, right ?

The answer is simple: WRONG !!! 

There are so many other indicators in the evaluation that it is not only about the kill or escape rate. I think this is only a small percentage of your SBMM. Personally, I've been playing computer games for too long and I know 100% that there are a lot more things that go into a rating.

Let me explain it briefly. Much more it is things like: Did I have many hunts ?, did I win or lose many hunts accordingly? Did I have short or long hunts? How long could I keep survivors from making generators? How many hooks did I have in total? Maybe also: How many generators did I damage or how many pallets did I destroy? Could I close the hatch or not? and so on. I think it is the same with the survivors. How many survivors have I freed from the hook ? How long was I in the terror radius of the killer? Did I have short or long hunts? Did I win or lose them? How many generators did I repair or for how long in total? How many times did I stun the killer with a pallet? did I get through the hatch? did I heal a lot? and again, so on and so forth....

I think that camping can have a negative impact on your SBMM and so can the genrush, including the subsequent escape without being seen by the killer. Because you have not earned hunting points, heal points, save points and so on. ( But is only a guess on my part )

Who knows all this already??

I think all this CAN be decisive factors, which flow into the own SBMM. BHVR will not explain the SBMM in detail or how it works and that is good. Otherwise it might be possible to manipulate the system.

Could you manipulate your own SBMM at all? I think maybe only a little bit. If at all. Here a small example: 3 survivors are dead. So if you decide to give the hatch to the last survivor, even though the system predicted you would do a 4K, you would be manipulating your own SBMM at that point, right? Because: if the system predicted that you would go out of the match with a 4K, for example, and you only have a 3K, then that's kind of manipulation.

DO NOT FORGET. Kill and Escape rates (at least that's what I believe) make up only a small percentage.... in this example; To the negative for you mind you.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe all this is not true what I wrote. I don't know... It is just my opinion current attitude and guess how the whole thing works here.

I would like to note that I have about 6000 hours of DBD experience, am currently on Iridescend Grade 1 with the killer and do the same with the survivor. So I play both sides with fun and understand both sides accordingly. So I'm not a DBD expert, but I do consider myself experienced. I'm not writing this here to brag, but just to clarify that I'm not brand new anymore and have seen and experienced a lot here in DBD. BHVR has there certainly its own CODE, or ALGORITHMUS.

Fact is however: The SBMM is in my opinion maybe not 100% perfect, but still very good and much better than before. So just give it a chance and don't get too hung up on winning or losing.

any opinions?

regards

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Maybe a mod or dev can comment on this, because maybe I'm wrong about all of this, who knows

  • The first part is good, but the second are only your assumptions and you should not confuse people with that.

  • A quick reminder here, to not to refer to leaks or suspected leaks on this forum...(alleged data mining falls well within that ruling).

    Thanks