Custom mode bots for solo play

I do really enjoy DBD, growing up sneaking into the cinema to watch the latest slasher flick (Halloween etc), gives me a real incentive to want to keep playing.

I'm also not very good at games in general and often don't enjoy the online play experience. What keeps me coming back to games like this is the option to play offline. I still play lot of battlefront and friday the 13th because of the solo play option. (and F13 has been dead for a long time).

I would love to have that option in DBD.

I feel some of the horror element of this game has been lost in the competitive game of tag playstyle at high MMR. Also a lot of the thematic killer play, stabbing people on hook, mori'ing, leavening people to bleed out results in a great deal of hate from the opposing side. This hate tends to escalate in a lot of animosity in the community.

As a survivor player I don't mind being viscously murdered by the killer because that's kind of thematic. I haven't been mori'd in a long time and miss some of those sweet animations. Typically I'm outclassed by the people I'm matched with and am unable to really get any kills there either, which is fine, I guess its only a game, but it lacks the horror movie threat of being, and being chased by, the big scary killer. Its kinda dull and not really much fun.

I find myself replaying the tutorial bots repeatedly because hey it's just fun to do.

Please Devs give some serious consideration to custom game bots for offline solo play.

Its not going to replace the online game experience, you'd have to play online to earn blood points, ranks, rift progression etc, it just gives an option to players like me who don't really enjoy online gaming. You could have solo challenges for small blood points but the main game would still be online play.

I buy many online games because they have a solo play option or at least support it in some way. I waited so long to pull the trigger on picking up DBD because there was no solo play option. As my interest in the online experience wanes I'd love to have the option to play DBD offline.

Comments

  • Allow bots also for custom match with friends!! It would be wonderful to have a well programmed experience to enjoy with friends when you don't have a full group! Love this idea.

  • They've got this for mobile, and it seems their working their way into base dbd hopefully.

    Please, I want this too.

  • @SabunoHakia said:

    Allow bots also for custom match with friends!! It would be wonderful to have a well programmed experience to enjoy with friends when you don't have a full group! Love this idea.

    Good point, not just offline solo play but rather bots in custom games allowing you to play with friends or on your own.