What IS Dead by Daylight? (A Guide for Beginners)

It's the only game where you can actually blame your mistakes on the game's shoddy coding and not yourself.

Comments

  • I am usually the type to take personal responsibility. I play a lot of competitive games with fgc roots. But yeah, I find myself just blaming the game for a lot of shenanigans. Even when they benefit me, I can't help but shake my head.


    I had a 3 gen on mothers dwelling where the gens were chainsaw dash distance. The Bubba kind. One charge. And after that, the hatch spawned right near the person I hooked to death. And then both exit gates were on the same side and I could see both from... you guessed it, chainsaw dash distance. Probably 2.5 charges, to be "fair."


    Like, how could I possibly lose? I could have beaten Oracle with that absurd rng. It was so obscenely rigged in my favor.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I am usually the type to take personal responsibility. I play a lot of competitive games with fgc roots. But yeah, I find myself just blaming the game for a lot of shenanigans. Even when they benefit me, I can't help but shake my head.

    I had a 3 gen on mothers dwelling where the gens were chainsaw dash distance. The Bubba kind. One charge. And after that, the hatch spawned right near the person I hooked to death. And then both exit gates were on the same side and I could see both from... you guessed it, chainsaw dash distance. Probably 2.5 charges, to be "fair."

    Like, how could I possibly lose? I could have beaten Oracle with that absurd rng. It was so obscenely rigged in my favor.

    To be fair with spaghetti code and complete RNG in everything, from map layout to totem spawns to teammate skill, it does get very easy to blame everything but yourself for a loss, or blame everything but yourself for a win too.