Anyone else think pig is long overdue for a buff?

When she was first released she was one of a kind in terms of her crouch ability. But ever since the release of ghostface I can't help but feel her crouch is incredibly outdated. Sure, she can dash out of her crouch, but in most situations and tiles her dash is nearly useless.

There's so many small changes they can make to the pig that would make her so much better to play. Something as small as increasing dash speed, reducing time it takes to crouch and uncrouch, increasing speed while crouched, giving her a few seconds of undetectable when uncrouching like Wraith.

Pig has one of the weakest anti loop in the game, and I think they can easily make her more reliable in chase without drastically changing her kit. As far as bear traps go all I can suggest for that is bringing back endgame piggy.

Pig's been neglected for a long time and I think she needs some love to pull her out of low/mid tier. What're your thoughts?

Comments

  • 2 years ago there was a rumor that people were expecting a pig rework but nothing ever came out of it. Who knows. But yes she is outdated most of the older killers are.

  • Buff? No. Rework to update functionality to reflect the current sandbox? Absolutely.

    The Add-Ons are the biggest issue, frankly, as otherwise she's still solid for a player who bothers to understand her use.

  • Yeah, her power seems kind of outdated. The main things that need changes is her ambush and the RNG aspect of her power. The time it takes for her to crouch and charge the ambush attack is too long and the RNG of reverse bear traps can make them useless at times.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2508288#Comment_2508288

    You mean perks not killers right?

    I dunno man, which builds you find op on pig?

    My Pig build which I currently don't have on my 4th run through is Sloppy, Corrupt, STBL, BBQ/Monitor. This is my best build for her for me. I have not got to test it yet but I believe Scourge hook could be decent in replace of sloppy/Monitor/BBQ and Hex: Plaything could be as well. Survivors already have to deal with hats add in being oblivious/hunting for a specific totem should give you enough time to drink a cup of coffee then 12 hook there ass. Have not tested yet though as I can't get the damn perks on her. Just theory.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2507213#Comment_2507213

    They didn't. I tried it out yesterday. U can't run away with trap, it kills u once u enter gate room.

    It killed once you go pass the 2 pillar. If the pig put a trap on after the last gen finished then it doesn't activate allowing an escape. If the pig carried a survivor passed the 2 pillars for an easy kill it a free escape.

  • What they need to do is buff her crouch movement speed, reduce the charge time on her ambush attack, and rework her ultra rare add-ons. These are the only parts of her kit that def need to be looked at.

1 2 ›