Is Obsession Tunneling Really Tunneling?
I recently picked up the Shape and have been working through the perks and builds to see what I like most. I've found Dying Light is my favorite obsession perk and it got me thinking. If I tunnel the obsession for a kill as quickly as possible does it really could as "tunneling" in the sense that the forum would consider toxic?
It's literally in my best interest to kill that person ASAP, assuming it doesn't cost 3 or 4 gens of course. So what are the thoughts on that?
Comments
After the event, I'll start doing that 100%. Those Mori add-ons have been taunting me all week!
Who cares what the 'forums' consider toxic?
How the frig is killing the obsession that has Dying Light considered toxic? Whether you 'tunnel' them down or not is your decision. God forbid these people get killed in a game and just move on to the next one.
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not changing how I play I was just curious to see the forums thoughts.
YES!.... but who said tunneling was bad?
Without a full list of all the teachable perks, it still seems like the best Myers obsession perks IMO. Is there a strategy or playstyle that makes the others more viable?
Just forget about the survivor codex.
Ofc they dont like it if you are trying to kill them, but thats your job.
Doesnt matter how they call it, tunneling, camping, proxy camping, toxic babykiller or with whatever they come up. If you managed to kill them, you did a great job.
Tunneling isnt even a thing. Its an unwritten survivor rule. Just kill the obsession as quickly as possible. Just """"""tunnel""""""""
By the time you have tunneled and killed the obsession, at least 3 gens have been done.
That 25% slow down won't make a difference.
Also, spending a mori to get a 25% slow down isn't exactly a great mechanic.
Tunneling anyone is considered "tunneling". But with that said , it's not unfair or bm , kinda like "gen rush". Both are fair and no one who is complaining about it should be taken seriously.
Eh , it's actually pretty good to use with Michael with tombstone piece. If you are lucky to find the obsession early then good luck to them getting those generators done.
Exactly. Same as "gen rush".
Both are not a real thing.
Both sides are just looking for something to complain about and something to accuse the other of doing to feel better about losing.
when I use dying light.. I will totally tunnel my obsession and use a mori
Chasing the same person while ignoring others is tunneling. But who said it is wrong of you to tunnel? If we were to play by survivor's made up rules, they wouldn't be able to get a single game at higher ranks...
Tunneling is of course a thing. Some might call it palying optimally, others call it toxic, then others call it using common sense.
All that doesnt matter because you are not bound to some weird survivor codex