Does Aftercare need a buff?

Hiya! Aftercare has long been one of my favourite perks to use. It rewards altruism and the information it can provide is genuinely very powerful for solo que. However, it's no secret to anyone that it lacks the oomph needed to compete in any meaningful capacity to the meta perks for Survivor. While I do love the perk, it's hard to justify using it at times when more important perks need to be brought (Like Detectives hunch/small game to find the inevitable ruin + undying). So, I'm curious what you fine people on the forums think.

(Here's what the perk does in case you were unaware)

2021-06-12 (6).png


Comments

  • I think Aftercare is fine as it is.

  • Its underrated i think or maybe overshadowed by Bond and other good aura perks

  • I'm not really sure about the perk. The effect is pretty strong, but it can be removed and it is not a perk that works instantly.

    I find Kindred better and more useful, but team mate with aftercare is always a pleasant sight, especially when it comes to 2/1 scenarios.

    I think this perk could use some love, some kind of small buff, because all the methods of self healing and the no heal meta in general make it not so useful.

    How about adding 25% speed boost when healing person already highlighted by your aftercare?

  • When boon totems become a thing, I think that the effects will start when the totem is cleansed.

  • Tbh I'm in between. Like, it's often overridden in many situations by other perks like Bond, Kindred in solo Q.

    But yeah, you see the auras, the same for your mates, no matter the range is, you just have to be altruism. So it is strong indeed, however I do think Bond and Kindred are better, it requires... Something more but I don't know what :x

  • I feel like it's not necessarily a bad perk, pretty decent and definitely usable actually. The problem with Aftercare IMO is that other aura reading perks are more convenient or easier to use. The information can be nice, but I don't ever find myself making the best use of the information. Maybe that's just me, but it's not always useful or can be replaced for another perk for the same effect. The effect can also be lost pretty easily if you screw up.

    Not a bad perk, just a bit outshined by others. Hence why I think a buff would be nice. As to HOW it could be buffed, I'm not sure. It seems like a perk that with the wrong changes, it could become way too strong. Maybe instead of losing all of your info on hook, you only lose 1 or 2 of the survivor auras.

    A rework could also work to make it stand out more, but I don't think that's necessary, as (this applies to the former point as well) some perks naturally just will outshine others and realistically a game will never be perfectly balanced nor can you force players to use them.

  • My idea:

    You gain the Aura Read like currently, no changes for this part. When you get hooked, you lose the Aura Read to the Survivor(s) who are furthest away from yourself.

    Tier 1-->Losing Aura Read to every Survivor

    Tier 2-->Losing Aura Read to the two Survivors furthest away

    Tier 3-->Losing Aura Read to the Survivor furthest away.


    This would result in not losing everything once you get hooked. And because you lose the Aura Read to the furthest Survivor, you will need to do something to get it back, it is not like you lose it to the guy who will unhook you, giving it back right away.

  • I think that it will be fine if permanent aura reading to you and your teammate after unhooking actions can not be reset by hooking you.

    But instead, it should only work when unhooking someone or being unhooked.

    Perhaps, if you heal someone or being healed too, the aura reading will show to you and to your teammate for a period of time. For example, (tier 1 - 24; tier 2 - 32; tier 3 - 40 seconds)

    So, it means that:

    • Aftercare now gives permanent aura reading ability after unhooking actions
    • Aftercare gives aura reading ability by any heal actions for some time

    This perk would be insane on medium or late game by seeing everyone and everyone could see you. And aura reading by healing for some time can be ok and useful too at the start of the match.


    Idk... Just making this perk works like we have on live but with no downgrades, it could be too OP, at least for me.

  • I'd just remove the part where it resets if you get hooked. Bond and empathy are permanent, why not Aftercare? If you work for it by healing and unhooking, you should get to have the aura reading, like Rookie Spirit.

  • It needs a small buff.

    Remove the reset after being hooked.

  • Allow it to proc on Mending another surv, taking a protection hit, breaking a chain from Pinhead / Slinger, Vaccinating another surv, Flashlight save, etc. If it's an altruistic action, it should proc.