Generator speed and how to make it fun for both sides
It’s no myth that in DBD generator speeds are a sensitive topic. Many Killers feel forced to run slowdown perks so they can actually have the time to properly hunt down and hook Survivors.
Problem with making Survivors take longer to do gens by simply artificially extending the times takes something relatively boring and makes it dangerously boring, no one like a generator simulator.
Obviously there needs to be a middle ground met so both sides are happy, so gens don’t become boring and Killer doesn’t feel so pressured. Adding a small secondary objective to the generator would be a good idea IF it is done correctly. I am impressed with the Dev’s addition of Glyphs, I find them to be my favorite part of the rift challenges.
What if a new purple glyph would spawn within a certain distance of the generator, say 64 meters, and unless a Survivor claims it, the gen progress slows down by a certain amount, maybe half? Or maybe the gens progress functions like old Ruin. The Survivor(s) working on the gen see it’s aura immediately once the gen reach halfway and all Survivors would see it’s aura after about a minute?
This is just me spitballing of course, but I do love Glyphs and to see these incorporated into the game as a core mechanic would be a very fun change imo.
Comments
This is similar to how Pinhead works, where his Lament Configuration spawns and if a survivor doesn't pick it up and solve it it becomes impossible to do gens.
I would love the idea that 1 day I would never have to run slowdown perks in order to have a match last longer than my queue time but unfortunately people will complain about it from both sides.