Suggestion: Limit maps per killer

I felt that some maps don't particularly work well with certain character's skill sets (killers with stalk in open areas, slow killers in areas where there's lots of stuff to run around (and therefore survivors can indefinitely outrun the killer),) and I think it would just be more immersive and lore friendly on top of encouraging people to play as different killers rather than just leveling up the same guy to 50.


I think The Shape should be confined to the suburb maps, Leather face should be exclusive to the farm maps, mad scientist in the hospital/lab whatever, clown should always be circus map, etc. It feels so wrong for leatherface to be chasing people around in the snow or ghostface to be stalking people in a mad scientists lab.

But yeah, my biggest point was just to encourage varying playstyles. People would get bored of the same maps or might have a location preference that is incompatible with their favourite killer encouraging them to get used to the map or play as someone else.


Also nerf pinhead. I'm sick of his god damn triple hook that can get at least 2 people at a time and respawn after just a couple of seconds.

Comments

  • @jackisawesome27 said:

    I felt that some maps don't particularly work well with certain character's skill sets (killers with stalk in open areas, slow killers in areas where there's lots of stuff to run around (and therefore survivors can indefinitely outrun the killer),) and I think it would just be more immersive and lore friendly on top of encouraging people to play as different killers rather than just leveling up the same guy to 50.

    I think The Shape should be confined to the suburb maps, Leather face should be exclusive to the farm maps, mad scientist in the hospital/lab whatever, clown should always be circus map, etc. It feels so wrong for leatherface to be chasing people around in the snow or ghostface to be stalking people in a mad scientists lab.

    But yeah, my biggest point was just to encourage varying playstyles. People would get bored of the same maps or might have a location preference that is incompatible with their favourite killer encouraging them to get used to the map or play as someone else.

    Also nerf pinhead. I'm sick of his god damn triple hook that can get at least 2 people at a time and respawn after just a couple of seconds.

    This is a bad idea and Pinhead doesn't need a nerf. You're getting hit by chain hunts which are his only good point, but you can literally defeat it if you just go pick up the box and never solve it. Or you could just pick it up, solve it, and just repeat the process.

  • Nah, RNG is a big part of dbd, as much as I hate it. Some maps just won't work well with certain killers.

    That's just the nature of the beast.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280211/suggestion-limit-maps-per-killer

    This is a bad idea and Pinhead doesn't need a nerf. You're getting hit by chain hunts which are his only good point, but you can literally defeat it if you just go pick up the box and never solve it. Or you could just pick it up, solve it, and just repeat the process.

    Ah I just learned about the puzzle cubes. Cool idea.

  • I'd much rather occasionally have a map that my killer doesn't work well with than be forced to play on the same 1-6 maps with any given killer.

    Could you imagine how miserable it would be to play Myers and only ever be allowed to play on Haddonfield or Badham, or Clown only being allowed to play on his one map. Or, even worse than that, Nemesis being eternally trapped in RPD.

  • That would just make this simple game more monotonous

  • That would be very boring.

  • Why would playing the same maps be more boring than playing as/against the same killer(s)? The map limitation is supposed to increase playstyle diversity.

    If YOU'RE constantly playing the same map just because it belongs to the only killer you play as, that's a you problem and you're more boring than character specific map rosters :p my suggestion only affects you if you play as the same killer constantly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯