Play With Your Food

This is just an idea or a concept, but I was just thinking why not change it to where you lose a stack when you hook someone. It's a little annoying losing a stack when missing or even hitting someone. I just feel since most perks are based off of people being hooked you could make the killer lose a stack or two after hooking someone and they can still gain stacks the same way.

Comments

  • @patabby123 said:

    This is just an idea or a concept, but I was just thinking why not change it to where you lose a stack when you hook someone. It's a little annoying losing a stack when missing or even hitting someone. I just feel since most perks are based off of people being hooked you could make the killer lose a stack or two after hooking someone and they can still gain stacks the same way.

    That creates an issue in where people can start to do unsavory things like speeding around constantly hitting and downing, but not hooking to preserve their speed boost.

    It sounds like an edge case, but dbd players have a way of making what should be a rare occurrence into a regular happening.

  • I understand that, but it would still be nice if you didn't lose it everyone you miss or hit them. I'm not complaining or anything I was just wondering if it could be changed in someway to help killers keep their stacks for a bit longer than you usually do.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/279887/play-with-your-food

    That creates an issue in where people can start to do unsavory things like speeding around constantly hitting and downing, but not hooking to preserve their speed boost.

    It sounds like an edge case, but dbd players have a way of making what should be a rare occurrence into a regular happening.

    Its the murphy's law of dbd anything that can be abused will be abused

    Changing one thing with implications that affect the way it was leaves it to be abused the way it will become. Which is why changes are hard to make and take a decent amount of experience to be able to think about what the end result of the changes will be and what new minimums and maximums it creates, especially for factors as impactful as movement speed

  • Sorry if I sound ignorant. I guess I just wanted to see what the outcome may or may not be of my suggestion. I didn't mean any harm by it. I was just hoping that as a killer it sort of sucks that you can't keep your stack for too long and that it may be better to have the ability to keep it longer.

  • PWYF is already good situational perk which is very strong on killers like leaherface or myers with certain add-ons. No change needed

  • @patabby123 said:

    This is just an idea or a concept, but I was just thinking why not change it to where you lose a stack when you hook someone. It's a little annoying losing a stack when missing or even hitting someone. I just feel since most perks are based off of people being hooked you could make the killer lose a stack or two after hooking someone and they can still gain stacks the same way.

    Agreed to losing a stack when hooking the survivors but hooking the obsession loses more stacks. Too much work and build up for a fast loss of stacks.