Scourge Hook buff
I love this perk and look forward to seeing more of this type in the future.
However, 4 random hooks can sometimes be a bit rough, depending on placement.
I suggest that if a killer is running a Scourge Hook perk that, in addition to the 4 random hooks, the basement hooks also become Scourge hooks. Or at minimum one basement hook does.
This ensures at least some consistent access to the perk.
Comments
Gift of Pain (currently the only Scourge Hook perk) is really not strong and needs any kinds of buff.
Good survivors don't care if they are injured or not... and will actually run resilence quite often. They won't heal, so no time wasted with healing penalty... and since they are not healed they don't suffer the action penalty (which only applies to repairing and healing and can be removed so easily - with just getting hit again).
How to make the perk useful:
Edit: Your suggestion is a good one to and I think Monstrous Shrine should become an Scourge Hook perk as well, with 4 hooks applying some penalty while basement hooks have it doubled. The penalty must be big enough to shave off one unhook attempt (current MS does not do this... even though it's description suggests it should).
I disagree with basement hooks personally, enevr been a fan of them, and there is enough reason to hook survivors in the basement already.
But I think they should increase the amount of Scourge hooks from 4 to 5 for Gift of Pain. I do hope that Scourge Hook perks of the future will have different amount of hooks depending on how strong their effect is, but because Gift of Pain's effect isn't that strong, I feel like it's usage is a bit too situational with only four hooks.
I also wonder if they could somehow buff the effect just a bit. Not sure though. Perhaps increasing the penalty from 7/8/9 % to 10/11/12 % would work.
Staying injured is dangerous even for top level survivors. Especially when working on gens that don't have pallets nearby. The speed boost when getting injured is very valuable for chases, especially for good survivors that know how to loop.
Though I do see where you are coming from. But I doubt they'll change this perk so drastically. Maybe they could have injured surivors simply suffer from a weaker penalty to action speed, foe example the stackable values you suggested, 3,5/4/4,5 %.
I feel like Scourge Hook could be pretty good with Thana, but at the moment it just doesn't seem quite strong enough.
Great thoughts, guys! Yeah, it's just a cool idea for a perk. I welcome all thoughts on how to buff it a bit and make it worthwhile.
When combined with Thanotophobia it’s a pretty solid perk.
@ad19970 While I in general agree that being injured is not best idea in dead zones... you go repair different gens xD. The only times when good survivors do bother to heal is when they don't have Spine Chill and it's stealth killer or it's end game and someone needs to take a hit.