The DbD theme song is a modified Dies Irae tune !

I don't know if this is common knowledge and I'm just late to the party. But the main theme of DbD seems mostly derived from Dies Irae.


I was watching this video

( https://youtu.be/a4K-9Ekzc2A ) earlier this morning about the music in Sweeny Todd. And He talked alot about a common death themed tune in movies/theater. It made my ear itch because I could remember hearing it but not remembering where.

Well turns out its in alot of things. Example :

( https://youtu.be/0hL1m4hGBVY ). But I started remembering DbD's music theme since I've always liked it. But now I hear it perfectly in the game !

Not a super insightful post, just really wanted to share incase anyone else was in the dark about it. Kinda neat to see it connected (if only loosely) to all these things!

Main theme :

( https://youtu.be/1TxEdJaZkY4 )

Comments