So about sets...

Wouldn't they sell better if they could be split up? I get that some like the dresses have to be together. But I would atleast like the option to have the hair separate. Anyone agree?

I can understand licensed or legendary like minotaur or krampus needing to be a set.

Comments

  • If they didn't sell BHVR wouldn't make them.

    People like sets, for some reason. A good portion of them probably break the sets anyways, but they sell.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    If they didn't sell BHVR wouldn't make them.

    People like sets, for some reason. A good portion of them probably break the sets anyways, but they sell.

    But alot of people bought them before cause they had the option to break the sets. Now that isint a thing I'm gonna assume they don't sell as much. I just don't see a reason for some of the sets.

  • They never stated if they can or will do 2-piece-sets.

    as of now the assumption is they won’t so those cosmetics are designed, advertised and released as complete sets. And that’s okay. If there wouldn’t be sets those cosmetics would probably be absent or take as long as bunny Feng until we would see them in-game.


    i would also like some of the head (for survivors) or weapon (for killers) pieces as separates. But it’s probably currently not possible. An official statement on this would be nice though.

  • I think that once you buy a set, you can break it apart. Like Pinheads hook with the "Kiss" outfit, we all know that doesn't have to be linked to Gene Simmon's outfit.

    image.png


  • @Mooks said:

    They never stated if they can or will do 2-piece-sets.

    as of now the assumption is they won’t so those cosmetics are designed, advertised and released as complete sets. And that’s okay. If there wouldn’t be sets those cosmetics would probably be absent or take as long as bunny Feng until we would see them in-game.

    i would also like some of the head (for survivors) or weapon (for killers) pieces as separates. But it’s probably currently not possible. An official statement on this would be nice though.

    I feel like if bunny Feng came out today it would be a set.

  • I 100% agree. I hate the fact that some of my favourite hair cosmetics are stuck on a linked set, and I can't use them the way I want.

  • They probably make less money on separate parts and some parts may not be sold at all, so the better option is to make it as a set. people who hate the hair for example, would have to buy this set anyway.

    I don't know if to call it laziness but it is definitely a quick way to make money.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486669#Comment_2486669

    I feel like if bunny Feng came out today it would be a set.

    I guess it could be.. but then again I think it was released one or two updates before the introduction of sets though they definitely knew about them and could have postponed the cosmetics but didn’t.

  • Bhvr only makes sets when the can’t split them up due to clipping(barring RE skins that could be licensed issues though)

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Bhvr only makes sets when the can’t split them up due to clipping(barring RE skins that could be licensed issues though)

    Some sets don't make sense tho honestly , the dresses I get

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2486715#Comment_2486715

    Some sets don't make sense tho honestly , the dresses I get

    Well we have nea’s which has the hood and pants

    Blight and oni’s are different characters

    elodie Jane and kate’s are all dresses

    Clown’s is the only one that could probably not be a set imo

  • Not even the dresses need to be linked. They've released unlinked dresses before just fine. It's literally just them being lazy and not taking the time to fix clipping.