Anyone finds Pinhead weird and not scary at all?

Ok I know there are a lot of stuff in this game that aren't scary but this is the first killer for me that doesn't feel menacing in any way.

Even Trickster is scarier to me.

The way Pinhead walks, his power, I dunno lol. I find him awkward and out of the place.

It is probably just me or his voice lines not being there are big issue.

Comments

  • Pinhead is an angel to some. It's to be expected.

  • @Heartbound said:

    Pinhead is an angel to some. It's to be expected.

    I think movies are actually scary but in dbd he looks funny lol. The fact that he is not that threatening and strong doesn't help.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485641#Comment_2485641

    I think movies are actually scary but in dbd he looks funny lol. The fact that he is not that threatening and strong doesn't help.

    I think its moreso the fact that his eerie stillness isn't really translated well over to an action packed environment like DBD. They maintained his character and kept up his very bizarre and frightening level of stillness and detachment, but it doesn't hold the same gravitas as it does in the movies. In the movies its frightening because the camera sticks to him, he rarely moves and speaks very elegantly, the horror of his character is the slowburn the movie direction gives him. That can't really happen in DBD since things are constantly happening, he just looks weird acting so slowly and stiffly.

  • He does look a bit goofy / soft in dbd compared to the movie. I prefer to verse Chatterer anyway though so I'm probably biased.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485641#Comment_2485641

    I think movies are actually scary but in dbd he looks funny lol. The fact that he is not that threatening and strong doesn't help.

    Honestly, I didn't even think the movies were scary either. A little unsettling, but not scary. Even though I think the design and animation are really good, it just feels like he doesn't fit.

    The way he walks is odd too. I feel like if they opted for him to hover, it would look better, but I guess that would make it difficult with the license holder.

  • @Shaped said:

    Ok I know there are a lot of stuff in this game that aren't scary but this is the first killer for me that doesn't feel menacing in any way.

    Even Trickster is scarier to me.

    The way Pinhead walks, his power, I dunno lol. I find him awkward and out of the place.

    It is probably just me or his voice lines not being there are big issue.

    He looks like a grown man baby

  • Chatterer is def more scary.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485641#Comment_2485641

    I think movies are actually scary but in dbd he looks funny lol. The fact that he is not that threatening and strong doesn't help.

    It's the same problem with Nemesis. They gave him his running animation from RE3 but he actually only moves 0.6m/s faster than a survivor so it makes him look goofy. At least Pinhead just walks.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2485647#Comment_2485647

    It's the same problem with Nemesis. They gave him his running animation from RE3 but he actually only moves 0.6m/s faster than a survivor so it makes him look goofy. At least Pinhead just walks.

    I agree. Nemesis definitely looks weird running lmao. Like a cartoon character, caricature or something.

    Altough he feels kinda threatening at least.

  • Personally, I don't find him super scary, visually, simply mildly discomforting.

    however: every survivor I've been in a match with, when asked if that was scary, say an enthusiastic yes.

    BTW, Here's a fun build to try I call Jumpscare Ceno:

    • Hex: Plaything
    • Hex: Devour Hope
    • Hoarder
    • Franklin's Demise.

    *Please consider sharing the build, referencing me, and, if you're feeling especially nice, checking out my playlist of DBD inspired songs/subscribing to my channel (:D). Bennett H They-Them - Dungeon Tracks - YouTube