What if holding the box too long gives Expose?

Title

It seems survivors are learning to grab the box and simply hold onto it instead of solving it. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Being oblivious isn't as dangerous as being exposed. Exposure is one of the few things that gives me cause to worry in this game. If I rescue someone and the killer has MYC my response is "I gotta get outta here, I'm exposed. Only one hit and I'm healthy so no DH"

Comments

  • I dont think exposure is necessary, the chains just need to get increasingly aggressive over time, spawning closer to the survivor, shooting out faster from the portals, and increasing chain spawn frequency.

    It's not so fun playing keep-away if you literally can't get anything done or go anywhere

  • Thats the way it should be, make holding the box actually dangerous rather than just a useless status effect that can be ignored.

  • Killer can just cheese the exposed status effect if they find the person with the box.

    Nah.

  • Picking up the box should give a notification to the killer, so they know where you are, forcing you to either solve it immediately, or run and hide.

    Then after holding onto the box for say... 30 seconds, it should give the killer Killer Instinct.

  • The holder has some chains that are attacking him, isn't it ? I mean, if it's how it works, you have basically one less survivor on gen, so it's in your favour.

  • @th3 said:

    Killer can just cheese the exposed status effect if they find the person with the box.

    Nah.

    Either you pick the box up and solve it or you hold onto it and get exposed. I'm not saying picking up the box gives expose. I'm talking like holding onto it for like 20-30 secs gives expose. There is no cheesing the expose effect because the survivor can choose. Holding the box so you can deny a killer his power shouldn't be a thing. There needs to be an actual draw back and oblivious is not good enough.

  • If I hold the box, will you come?

  • @konchok said:

    If I hold the box, will you come?

    I will but silently. Were not allowed yo voice our feelings out-loud anymore :P

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Title

    It seems survivors are learning to grab the box and simply hold onto it instead of solving it. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Being oblivious isn't as dangerous as being exposed. Exposure is one of the few things that gives me cause to worry in this game. If I rescue someone and the killer has MYC my response is "I gotta get outta here, I'm exposed. Only one hit and I'm healthy so no DH"

    The holder already gets punished pretty heavily, and jt isn't a great strategy really. If someone is holding the box all game, the team is down one player. If you are pressuring or taking advantage of that, then that is on you. They are already easier to down in chase because of passive chains, and it doesn't take away your m2 either like other killers like plague or twins. Holding the box honestly isn't that amazing of a strategy

  • @konchok said:

    If I hold the box, will you come?

    You opened the box...I came!