Trickster is kind of slept on
I played about 6 or so matches of him yesterday and did really well, even on the fabled Haddonfield. Like on most basic loops he can get hits on standing targets which makes the survivor crouch, giving him more time to get closer as the survivor has to build momentumn again, then right at the pallet he can either respect when they drop and get some knives in or the survivor thinks he'll do that so he just M1's, we all know how insane his hook game is and even in some buildings there's little holes he can get a knife or two through to keep laceration decay at a minimum. Then at corners he can just do what Huntress does. He's kinda slept on, pretty fun too, they honestly kinda fixed him since his launch, devs did a pretty good job tbh
Comments
He is slept on because he is a sleeping bag. Albeit, with mmr, I had a lot more fun with him.
I think after his recent changes he is good now. I kinda like to play him more than before since they gave him back his max. trow speed.
Only thing I wish is that timer on his "ultimate" ability is either 2x longer or better just no timer at all. Like 30 sec is of course better than before but I still feel it is short since I lost the power (no target, hooking, etc.) within that timmer few times allready.
He’s better than people think but has no pressure and is kinda map dependent
its kinda satisfying when at a low loop and surviovrs cant do anything. but then when playing survivor against trickster i hate it.
Yeah but you know? Maps are a extremely large and he is not DS or huntress.
He has more range than slinger tbf and is much less punished for missing. Slinger has the exact same issue on larger maps
Map dependent and with the same weaknesses as other killers in his category - low map pressure and strong 1v1.
Yeah try hitting a surv with knifes at 16m.
Remember those wacky people who wanted a character from a computer game to "step on them" and got weak at the knees when the character winked? Peak Honk.
Anyway, I don't particularly mind Trickster. He's at least better than some other killers.
I mean... he has a lot of issues.
His knives are off-center deapite a Deathslinger level of precise projectile made worse by the now more limited ammunition, he still needs 6 hits whereas Slinger and Huntress need 1, he's map dependent, has a large lullaby like Huntress despite having less lethality, he's weak at tight loops, he's 110% so he's reliant on a power that (as I said) is weak at tight loops, he's a nightmare to play on console, and anything he can do, generally there's someone else who can do it better.
My main issue with him, is that he's extremely strong at certain aspects of the game, but complete garbage at everything else and the latest buff only made things worse.
He isn't as awful as most people would have you think, but to me, he's incredibly boring and very few downs ever feel satisfying at all.
The knives are kinda fast and if you only need 1 or 2 more hits it’s definitely posssible