Ranking System Doesn't Work
I'm Ash (Gray) 3 on killer and I just got matched against a 4-man team of Rank 1's. If this is 'balanced' with elo there should be greater progression through the ranks along with your elo. Also, why not show the elo?
If you're good enough to be winning games against much higher ranks consistently then you shouldn't be ranked where you are. It makes no sense and some adjustments definitely need to be made.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Definitely agree. in every game I've played sense the new update, I've been matched with only one person who was the same rank as I was.
needs major work.
Grades are not considered for the matchmaking and a visible ELO would make it easier to abuse it.
Also keep in mind it takes multiple matches for your MMR to stabilize.
I think they made a really big mistake in activating it most of the way through a month rather than with the reset, because everyone's able to see just how botched the lobbies still are.
During the tests they hid ranks then said how great it was, but when people can actually see that they're still in the same old unbalanced situations it shows that matchmaking is as bad as ever.
What if...consistent matches are less fun for some people? I don't want a super consistent, competitive game. That's not what DBD has ever been for me. I like having some inconsistency. I like some games being hard and others being easy. It makes the whole experience more enjoyable. I played for awhile today and after a few matches, I started being consistently matched against uber competitive killers (aka "sweaty" or "try hard"). That's not fun for me. Maybe I'm good enough to play against them sometimes, but I don't ever want to. This game is not just about trying to "beat" someone else for me, and if it becomes only that...I honestly won't have fun with it anymore.
Yeah they should have hidden it... Would be way less complaints. 13th is here soon, after that it should be good.