Another Stripped Licensed Chapter
No wonder Stranger things is leaving dude, they can't even commit to making the chapter closely related to the movie, down from the actual look to the sounds they make. We learned that from this chapter, Freddy's powers, Quentin...Michael Myer's music got removed. Now Pinhead got tweaked and all his voice lines got removed.
It's not a game changing big deal by any means but taking away the small details from these characters is just insulting to some of us because it's part of the reason i spent my money on it and part of the pull to the actual character is small details.
Then you find out you should have played the PTB for the full experience. Ontop of everyone spamming the ######### out of the new content and by the time it comes out everyone knows the counter play and the killer is put on a low tier list until a buff, that's how it went from Trickster, Nemesis, and here we are again it seems.
Comments
I want to disagree with you but I fundamentally can't.
It's too bad that issues cropped up with the sound files. Very frustrating as I know some were looking forward to them.
I have always felt that the PTB was really just a showcase period. In the case of this new killer, it does seem like they made quite a few adjustments. I do feel like they were mostly bug related adjustments, though. It feels like a lot of the feedback didn't really translate.
Killers come out weak. I would much rather have the new killer be overwhelming then get dialed back rather than coming out weak and being dialed up. That being said, I suppose they would be accused of trying to get people to spend money early and then watering down the killer and 'changing what they sold,' so the only option to counter whiners is to come out weak and try to build up.
In many ways I want a game where the killer is overwhelming and survivors really feel like they are likely not to survive like in a movie but... I don't see how that can be fun. When I go against a killer much better than myself, it's only a short, frustrating match that I want to forget about. So I guess I just always want to be the last standing survivor....
Well thank you for reading my post and i see what you mean but at the same time, if there's no challenge to begin with or even set up to be a challenge, why even? Survivor is just becoming more and more of a joke, but i know how you feel about wanting to forget a short match.
What i wanted is the same, a strong feared killer that is escapable but not a joke, guess that's too much to ask for
It's certainly a tough balance. I hope in a game for everyone to have a satisfying level of interaction and fun. I know that goes against what some others want, especially from a killer perspective. Some killers want to dominate and kill survivors fast which is not fun. It's a tough nut to crack and I'm no game developer...