Well found out how they fixed dc for hatch (console)

https://youtu.be/Hel-B2f40iU

don't condone hatch dcs but this is pretty stupid. It literally said triangle to escape then gave me the recovery instead.

Comments

  • 2 things:


    1) I dislike how this game has one button to do 20 different actions. Some of which, can overlap with each other (like what happened to you here, or a gen/locker near a window. MnK have tons of options and there are two buttons on controllers that are not used on console. Oh- and the d-pad’s left & right.

    2) I wonder if you weren’t already on top of it when the DC occurred, if it would have allowed you to enter with the correct button prompt afterwards? That shouldn’t matter though, just goes back to what I was saying above.

  • @KerJuice said:

    2 things:

    1) I dislike how this game has one button to do 20 different actions. Some of which, can overlap with each other (like what happened to you here, or a gen/locker near a window. MnK have tons of options and there are two buttons on controllers that are not used on console. Oh- and the d-pad’s left & right.

    2) I wonder if you weren’t already on top of it when the DC occurred, if it would have allowed you to enter with the correct button prompt afterwards? That shouldn’t matter though, just goes back to what I was saying above.


    Just to clarify, being on top of it when the other survivor dc'd has nothing to do with it:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpJRDU8oWog


    That was painful.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2476453#Comment_2476453

    Just to clarify, being on top of it when the other survivor dc'd has nothing to do with it:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpJRDU8oWog

    That was painful.

    Hmmmm…

  • @KerJuice said:

    2 things:

    1) I dislike how this game has one button to do 20 different actions. Some of which, can overlap with each other (like what happened to you here, or a gen/locker near a window. MnK have tons of options and there are two buttons on controllers that are not used on console. Oh- and the d-pad’s left & right.

    2) I wonder if you weren’t already on top of it when the DC occurred, if it would have allowed you to enter with the correct button prompt afterwards? That shouldn’t matter though, just goes back to what I was saying above.

    Atleast we can change some. I have now one for healing, repairing etc and another for pallet dropping, vaulting etc.

  • Triangle isn't the default escape button though, nor is it the recovery button. It seems like you've changed your controller configuration and you've introduced a conflict by using triangle for multiple options.

    EDIT: Nevermind, seems it happens with default R1 as well. Still it appears to be a rare bug.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Triangle isn't the default escape button though, nor is it the recovery button. It seems like you've changed your controller configuration and you've introduced a conflict by using triangle for multiple options.

    EDIT: Nevermind, seems it happens with default R1 as well. Still it appears to be a rare bug.

    Was gonna say it doesnt matter the keybind its recovery prioritizing over hatch escape (which shouldn't happen)