Not really convinced about the talking points against sbmm

SBMM is going to make sure the only killers you ever face will be Spirit Blight Nurse? That sounds terrible, but that argument kind of implies that the game isn't already like that at the highest levels currently that will supposedly be negatively impacted by SBMM.

To me, it sounds like a subtle of way of saying "I want to face rank 10 Pigs once in a while". Well, now you know how the majority of the games' playerbase felt at ranks 16-17 having to face Rank 1 killers and vice versa.

If you truly are the elite of the elite, you should be gracious and humble enough to admit that you are an extreme minority, and be in favor of SBMM as it will positively affect most other people's experience of the game.

It's only fair that high mmr people face high mmr opponents. Suggesting otherwise is basically trying to pawn the problem off onto somebody else. And that somebody else is going to have a way worse time than you would have.

SBMM isn't going to kill diversity or fun builds, either. Doing that is already a gamble, so I don't know why people think it is some kind of "gotcha".

If playing non meta means my mmr will plateau, I honestly don't care. That just means I'm slightly more likely to be paired with other memelords. Maybe other people should also chill out and they'll get some slightly better matches.

DbD at the highest skill levels is incredibly unbalanced, we all know that. Nobody should have to suffer from success, especially since video games are supposed to be fun. BHVR really needs to part the Red Sea of bugs and balance and make drastic, sweeping and thorough changes. My biggest hope is that the new update will make them more likely to do such a thing(too optimistic, i know)

Maybe SBMM will convince somebody to quit, but how many have quit because they were horribly mismatched and were used as a chew toy?

Comments

  • I think we should all wait and see. Also not jumping to conclusion after a few games.

    I say give it at least a month.