A Moment That Sucked for you but you Respected?
Sometimes it sucks to be on the losing end, it can be downright tilting. But sometimes you can just respect the skill or audacity of the opposing side so much that you're just happy for them that it worked out.
One example for me is every time my Noed or Devour totem gets removed right before I lunge/mori feels amazing. Like, "one second later you would be dead. The entity must love you."
When a crowd control or bamboozle costs me a health state. "Congratulations, I was so focused on what happened behind me I didn't look in front of me. I fooled myself."
Yesterday someone kobe'd off a hook while the ecg was almost out. I let them go for a mad dash to the exit to see if they could make it. They were so close to dying the sound effect pinged to say they died, and their character was running in place at the gate but it counted as an escape for them.
Was absolutely worth the 1k to see that play out.
What moments like that happened to you?
Comments
I once had a situation where I had everyone on the floor, and I got unlucky and didn't pick up the one person who had unbreakable
The person who had unbreakable then got up and flashlight saved his buddy, meaning they went from 4 on the floor to 2 up and 2 down
It was a good comeback, although I still got 2 kills in the end. I was like "damn how'd I mess up that bad"
It was a long time ago but all the gens were done and the exit gate was open. I was playing the Pig (I know) and I was going against an injured Steve iirc and we were on a farm map with corn. He was an easy down, and on death hooks so I wasn't thinking too hard about it or trying anything fancy. I didn't chase the spins or anything. Just held W and lunged every time it came off cooldown.
Steve spun me 5 times in the corn and made it to the exit gate in one piece. I wasn't even mad.
Someone ran me for like 4 gens and I didn't feel like I was messing up too much, I just felt they were genuinely better. They were really nice and humble (they said it was just because they got lucky with all the pallets) sent me a GG and even gave me advice on how to use Ghostface better. Nothing but respect. He was great at the game, had good sportsmanship, and even went out of his way to help me improve. I was very frustrated during the game though, especially because my goal, especially against survivors outmatching me, is 4 BBQ stacks. I got the first 3 very easily, but they ran me the rest of the game to the exit gates.
A team of 4 had 3 people trigger my traps practically as I set them, good enough loopers to outrun a 110 killer and just left me wondering what one is supposed to do in that situation... I have dealt with swarming teams before, but these people were at a different level.
Long range snipe from iri hatchet huntress with Lethal Pursuer.
I mean like 5 seconds in and down.
Wasen't even mad. Pretty amazing tbh
Cross map sniped by iri head. Threw a hatchet from the other side of ormond and hit me square in the face, scared the ######### out of me.
It's hard to show respect for moments when it feels like you weren't out played so much as the game's mechanics are flawed. I've been chainsawed by a Billy who literally chased me around a loop and hit me over top a desk. The kind of chainsaw sprint that no amount of turning add ons and mouse flicking should permit. Or when I am being chased by a tier 3 Myers, I fast vault a window, lithe activates, I take 2 steps and somehow I still got hit at the window. Or I vaulted the 2nd story window in Myer's house, I'm half way to the ground and he hits my scalp.
Though rare there are moments when I felt I was genuninly out played instead of screwed over. Anytime I face a trapper and "I" step in a trap. I feel that killer earned it. Since he is my main when I step in a trap I tell myself "I should have seen that coming". I usually give props to stealth killers who sneak up on me when I am working on a gen. I don't always run spinechill but I always keep my head on a swivel. If someone manages to grab me off a gen it's not because of BS, it's because I didn't react fast enough.
Me and my team got bodied by a trapper using off meta perks (Coulophobia, sloppy, agitation and Pop). Couldn’t be mad at getting beat by that
An absolute battle I had a long time ago with a 4-man swf. Dirty tactics used by both the team and myself in a really aggressive game. I mori'd 1 person, thanks to the old system and an ivory Mori, but the other 3 escaped.
However, afterwards I was invited to a post-game chat, which for some odd reason I accepted, but actually turned out well as they were complimentary, as was I. Had a bit of a laugh about it, wished each other well and moved on.
Respect to anyone who, no matter how they play, is respectful in victory and willing to keep hostilities solely within the trial, as it should be.
I got beat by a full no mither team as oni. That was rather funny
I once went into a match without seeing who was in the lobby, and this was before new UI where you could see what characters the survivors are and this on Autohaven. I been on these two survivors butts (a Feng and a Meg) for the entire match, get them to death hook but eventually get sick of them and start ignoring them tryna find the other two who I hadn't seen all match, I start to get frustrated and search all over the map for them, only seeing the two I've already chased non stop. Then as I start to give up and go back to harrass the two survivors I know of, I see a loud noise notification coming from one of the trucks. I go in there and find the other two survivors hiding in the truck and realise they are dressed the exact same as the other Feng and the Meg and in fact I had NOT noticed they were tagging eachother in and out to take chases and hooks and I didn't realise the entire time that I HAD injured and hooked everyone at least once because I wasn't paying attention to the names down the bottom of who I'd been injuring. When I found the two hiding in the truck and realised what happened I was mindblown and laughed for quite a while. Then let them finish up and leave in peace because I had never been so bamboozled by a SWF before