Stretched.
So Behaviour starts banning players who abuse this?
So Behaviour starts banning players who abuse this?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Not sure that's the case but might be something new as far as I know nobody got banned before
Nothing official about that. You are probably referring to some Reddit-Post?
Ok so I might be a bit slow here, but what do you mean by "stretched" exactly?
HERE WE GO AGAIN
I hope they will soon. The advantage you get is insane. But they`ll just say: iT jUsT lOoKs BeTtEr
They shouldn’t ban it. They should add edge blockers to the game to prevent it. They already do this when the trial begins and is being introduced.
Have you ever played on stretched?
Doesn’t matter. It gives an unfair advantage and requires edge blockers - whether the current users of it just like it as performance mode or not.
I be honest here, i tried out many stretched resolutions (only very temporary for a few games and then i switched back because i think it is indeed unfair in some scenarios - it was more for science then gameplay reason)
That it looks better is not true BUT there is something that i like a lot about stretched res: The speed. The game feels much faster then it does when you play original. I would love if something like stretched res would be in the game but without giving the killer or the survior any advantage.
With nvidia filters and a bit of added .jpg for perfection.
I know plenty of players who compete just fine on native against players on 900x1080. As someone who plays on native and 1440x1080, the advantage is massively overstated by those who don't actually use stretched.
The reality, and I know people don't want to hear this, is that the default 3rd person FOV is unacceptable to many players by today's standards. The devs can fall back on "balance considerations" all they want, but the FOV was bad in 2016 and it's worse as time goes on and accessibility has become industry standard.
Seeing over loops is not “overstating” the issue. The current default FOV for survivors is fine. If anything, it’s killer FOV that needs improvements.
Its not overstated at all. There are quite a few loops where the killer can not mindgame you if you run stretch while he can if the survivor runs default. Especially every single jungle gym on autohaven becomes completly broken with strechted res. And yes, this comes also from someone who used stretched aswell.
I wouldnt mind blockers or just cant be able to change resolution only the thing thats is harder to manipulate with mods or whatever
As if i would tell you. lets say ive seen how it is.
christ, people really play the game like this?
Death by Deep Fryer