The trial week of no ranks

That trial week of SBMM without the hard core ranking system, that has been in the game for as long as I can remember. In my opinion created some of the most fun matches I had ever played in this game.

Reason for that is I felt that killers actually played the game and were actually tunnelling and camping, alot less due to not having to sweat so hard to get a 4k to keep their said rank. Yes over that period of the trial maybe I was versing some lower skilled killers it was quite possible but at least the games actually felt somewhat more balanced than it is with its current ranking system.

I do enjoy dbd as a game and love it's concept as it's quite different to most multiplayer games out there but in all honest opinion tunnelling and camping are my biggest pet hates to this game as it literally ruins the whole experience

Comments

  • I felt similar. I felt is was almost style base match making. As the killer and Survivors all seemed to play similar in my games.

    Competent, competitive, but not sweaty.

  • As killer the system is amazing. Fair and fun matches every time as long as you keep a decent point value.

    As survivor, however, the system was horrendous. Really good killers and horrible survivors. It made every match unwinnable.

  • I'm amazed at how balanced it felt. Early trials of SBMM were awful but now I can't wait for this to be switched on permanently.