The corn on Coldwind is far too obstructive
Not much more to say other than the title. It's not fun at all to have sight blocked to that degree. The old corn was manageable, but the new corn height/thickness and the brightness of the map is genuinely impossible to see through for an older gamer like me. I lose a survivor the second the they enter the corn at anything beyond a short distance, and I'm not at all inexperienced (3k hours). I know you guys struggle to consider accessibility pretty much all of the time until recently, and the the corn update is another instance of that. It's way too much form over function. You need to consider how maps play after the first time someone loads into it and sees it.
Comments
So I'm not the only one who can't see through that #########?
Yeah, it’s unnecessarily thicc.
I like the new corn. I could never lose a killer in the old corn so it felt pointless. It's achieves what it's meant to do now.
New Corn is Jane Thicc.
But yeah, the corn shouldn't be that good for losing the killer, it should only be good for not being found in the first place. If it is that oppressive in sight blocking, the entire map becomes a loop for people with vision problems.
It's so dumb. Those maps have some of the strongest pallets and buildings, but apparently that wasn't enough. BHVR doesn't give a f*** about killers
I often agree, but this, I think, is just aesthetics. While difficult to play in, near impossible for those of us with bad eyes, I have to admit the farm maps look AMAZING now.
I preferred the old look actually, evening better suits a horror game. And corn rows could be thinned out like the corn is dying. Again, suits the game theme
I hate to play Nurse there so much, any ranged killer and stalking killers...
I can respect that, but I prefer the new stuff.
I could live with it if the corn gets thinned out. Honestly, I wish a lot of maps looked eerier though. This game lacks a creepy atmosphere, which would make it more immersive and fun. I could get over the ######### game balance if it had better atmosphere
Did you ever see when The Game map bugged and had no ambient light, only that generated by actual light fixtures and generators? It was HORRIFYING. I loved it.
on some of the farm maps i think its nessecary, if not for corn blindness survivors would have nothing, alot of those maps are just empty in the middle
I wish I would've seen that. RarithLynx has a gameplay concept of the Xenomorph on Twitter, and the atmosphere there is FANTASTIC