Your thoughts on this Tome?
This tome delve deeper into the Clown, Jake Park and the Observer's backgrounds.
- Did you enjoy it?
- Did you hate it?
- Did you find any retcons?
- Do you find them more likeable/dislikeable now?
This tome delve deeper into the Clown, Jake Park and the Observer's backgrounds.
- Did you enjoy it?
- Did you hate it?
- Did you find any retcons?
- Do you find them more likeable/dislikeable now?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
So far some clown and huntress challenges were annoying but its pretty good and doable imo.
Also I love yellow glyphs, they should make more of those.
We will see how last level will be but overall I like it
This is my first one. I thought clown's was enjoyable. Though i really didn't learn anything about him which was what i was hoping for. It does make him feel a lot scarier though. But it's just kinda telling in detail what we already know he does. Jake's is interesting... i am finding it hard to understand right now though. And i haven't started the observer one. Overall i am enjoying the tome and rift. I am excited for the next one, now that i know how they work.
I liked the Clown's. Kinda cliche, but still enjoyable.
I get why people might get confused with Jake's story though. It's kind of all over the place due to the "voices" being hard to differentiate. Also, there are many things that may confuse non-Koreans regarding Korean culture and terminology.
Just to let people know:
- Jake's grandfather is most likely a veteran soldier of the Korean War which is a significant civil war (turned international) that split the peninsula in half.
- A Hanbok is a traditional Korean clothing that was worn during the ancient times and is still worn today for traditional rituals.
- The part where Jake is a baby and is trying to grab stuff is based on an old Korean tradition called "돌잡이 (dol-jabi)" where the baby (whose turned 1) grabs an object with a specific meaning. Brush means the kid will grow up to become a scholar, money means becoming rich, etc. That's why the relatives were cheering for him to grab the money, lol.
- Baduk is a board game with Chinese origin that is played by mostly older Koreans. It's like Asian chess.
I hope these make things more clear when reading his lore haha.
Lore was pretty cool, the animation for clown was really fun. Cosmetics could have been a lot better though.
I loved the Yellow Glyphs. But if it wasn't about Clown, it would be really good. Because it made people play Clown more, and Clown is painful to go up against lmao
Haven't bought a tome since the first one. I'm not givng devs money for something that makes the game worse.
The challenges are same old same old. Wish they'd change them up a bit.
Clown lore is an easy 10/10 and his cinematic is gold
Can’t say much for jake since I haven’t read it
Challenges are boring as even but I do like the yellow glyphs a lot
Yellow Glyphs were interesting and something NEW for a change. I remember when I first went up to one and it kept going and going I told my friend "######### was that". This is what the game needs most is a change in game play even if it's minimal. There are so many good ideas out there hopefully some day there will be more to do/enjoy in this game.
I liked the Clowns archive. The end was great.
i like the challenges but i'm honestly kind of burnt out on the tomes, i've completed all of them so far except this one (yes that includes Tome 1 and the nightmares of it's challenges) and the repetitiveness of some of the challenges wears you down, challenges like Heroic Cause and other such challenges that require you to throw the match to complete them wear me down even more so