379.1 Hours... Almost have every perk in game unlocked...
So I have 379.1 hours into this game and I gotta say overall I give it a 8/10.
Not a perfect rating but not perfect. I honestly think if the game wasn't too grindy it would be better. This game seems to be just off balanced slightly in terms of how long you have to play to unlock everything. I am not saying make the game super easy and quick to unlock everything. But the hours upon hours just to unlock useless perks is almost sad. I am a Completionist so to speak and I want to have everything unlocked so I can play around with everything.
Now lets say you're brand new to this game and you have every character purchased but all lvl 1 OBVI.
And I told you that you will have to play 400 hours to get everything unlocked... If you played 4 hours a day for 100 days you could get everything unlocked... Assuming I get every thing unlocked here in the next 21 in game hours... I need like 5 million more Blood Points I think. In my opinion for a game like this it needs to be seriously adjusted.
Comments
Just wait till you need to get every perk unlocked on one character.
And just wait till you start to prestige
I'm 2.7-2.8k hours into my main account and have 16 survivors and I think 7 killers leveled to P3 50 all perks, with me currently working on my 8th killer.
I'm 600 hours in. I don't WANT all the perks unlocked, lol. What's the point of making it that much harder for me to get my preferred perks on all of my characters?
Still, impressive.
Now max perks out on every character.
Flexing purposes, perk roulette, and your bf telling you he's found a new perk combo he wants to try so you have to change your build to match because that's just the polite thing to do
Well it was more of a rhetorical question but yeah, I suppose I can understand some of those reasons. Perk roulette sounds cool.
I like how deep the progression is. Personally i get bored of online games when there's nothing meaningful to progress anymore. And i like even if im playing this game an unhealthy amount im still unlocking things...
Also you have to consider the fact that not everyone has all of the characters, or wants them. If they made it too easy for everyone, it would be too easy for a lot of people like the people who buy the game on steam, there's only 4 killers and 8 survivors on the pc base game.
It kind of depends. I was new and started before the 5th anniversary. I have almost every licensed killer with most of the perks I want. I do not need EVERYTHING and that will come with time anyways.
As of right now, I basically just need Barbecue on Myers. Lethal Pursuer on Deathslinger (I used my shards on him and Trickster) and I am trying to save 1 million for Pinhead. After that, I guess Huntress is next and I am set with everything I wanted. I can finish the other base killers (I only have Hag and Billy finished) slowly at my own pace as their perks are kind of meh.
To be fair, once I get a 9k shard buffer, I am going to buy Plague. And then I will need to get corrupt on EVERY killer I use. So, I am not trying to downplay the grind. But I feel if you just commit to one side with decent timing (Halloween is around the corner), you can get most relevant perks on a rotation of about a dozen killers which most new players won't even have without spending.
It's not that I don't like the progression. But it's one type of progression. Unlocking perks... It's just so repetitive and quickly fatigues you.
Whether they have them or not for the people who want all of them it just creates a huge grind. I know that's a choice but it is feeling less rewarding as I near the end of completing my goal.
Will I have every teachable perk in the game for both killers and survivors by next week? Very likely I am that close. I will feel a little relieved. But I have decided I will play 1 survivor solemnly maybe 2 to get every perk on them. And 2-3 killers. That's my next long term goal. I need/want to have everything unlocked. It's just how I play games. I want to have everything accessible to me for the options of customizing and trying multiple builds.