Why make a playstyle, then actively punish it?

There are two playstyles that are both supported in the game, and actively punished by it.One you will never double pip from, and another, even though it has perks supporting it in the game and is a core concept, you will be lucky to safety pip if you do it.

On the killer side, you have Board Control play being punished. By this I mean controling what generators are taken and when, so you set up an endgame that you can control. IE: Ending up with 3 generators close by. There are Killers who excel at this, and even seem built for it (the doctor comes with Overcharge, and his tracking ability lets you make sure they are working on the generators you want them to) However I keep finding myself getting 2-3 person hatched in these games. Even though i've done everything right, they got to hatch out. Which means I will never double pip like that. Which promotes a hyper agressive killer pool. Killers that can put a whole team down by the second gen.

On the survivor side is stealth play. There's whole perk sets revolving around it, on both sides. But if you do it well, you'll be lucky to pip. Instead of rewarding that I unhooked a comrade, and did 2 gens by myself without the killer ever laying eyes on me. I might get to hold my rank, cause I literally have 0 evasion score... which is weird, cause i did a TON of evading.

Comments

  • @SmokePotion said:
    There are two playstyles that are both supported in the game, and actively punished by it.One you will never double pip from, and another, even though it has perks supporting it in the game and is a core concept, you will be lucky to safety pip if you do it.

    On the killer side, you have Board Control play being punished. By this I mean controling what generators are taken and when, so you set up an endgame that you can control. IE: Ending up with 3 generators close by. There are Killers who excel at this, and even seem built for it (the doctor comes with Overcharge, and his tracking ability lets you make sure they are working on the generators you want them to) However I keep finding myself getting 2-3 person hatched in these games. Even though i've done everything right, they got to hatch out. Which means I will never double pip like that. Which promotes a hyper agressive killer pool. Killers that can put a whole team down by the second gen.

    On the survivor side is stealth play. There's whole perk sets revolving around it, on both sides. But if you do it well, you'll be lucky to pip. Instead of rewarding that I unhooked a comrade, and did 2 gens by myself without the killer ever laying eyes on me. I might get to hold my rank, cause I literally have 0 evasion score... which is weird, cause i did a TON of evading.

    I completely agree with this.

    Something odd here as well, the perk quick & quiet, is build for stealth play, but if you also equip sprint burst, you won't be able to actually use it without actually activating sprint burst because they use the same button.
    What is even more bizarre is, that while I've been pointing this out, people have been like, "why would you waste a SB on a QQ move, thats just stupid?" all while failing to realize that they both use the same button to activate. This is something BHVR should fix as well, because there is really no point in not having individual activation buttons for them, instead of just having one trigger button - not having seperate trigger buttons is the stupid thing.

    I think they implement a lot of things without thinking them through, and very often they will go with what sounds great but in practice isn't, where they for the most of the times won't use the tons of feedback provided to fix it, but instead apply their own twist to it and potentially making it even worse. To me it seems like they don't really know what they're doing they're just trying things out and hope it works out. Some devs also seem to have some unfortunate developer philosophies and ideas, which has been proven by various statements on their weekly streams. This game has a lot of potential and a playerbase to support it, unfortunately its not being used well.

  • Unless you are in the killer's terror radius, it isn't considered evading. I don't disagree that there is room for improvement though. If the killer literally never hits you the entire match then I think you deserve iridescent in the evader category.

    I'm not really sure what you are complaining about on the killer side though. 3 gen strategy is perfectly viable and generally does well in ranking up. Multiple players escaping by the hatch is a pretty rare event really. If you see someone with a key in the lobby then you could always run Franklin's Demise. The key can be difficult to find if knocked out of a player's hand.

  • @SmokePotion said:
    There are two playstyles that are both supported in the game, and actively punished by it.One you will never double pip from, and another, even though it has perks supporting it in the game and is a core concept, you will be lucky to safety pip if you do it.

    On the killer side, you have Board Control play being punished. By this I mean controling what generators are taken and when, so you set up an endgame that you can control. IE: Ending up with 3 generators close by. There are Killers who excel at this, and even seem built for it (the doctor comes with Overcharge, and his tracking ability lets you make sure they are working on the generators you want them to) However I keep finding myself getting 2-3 person hatched in these games. Even though i've done everything right, they got to hatch out. Which means I will never double pip like that. Which promotes a hyper agressive killer pool. Killers that can put a whole team down by the second gen.

    On the survivor side is stealth play. There's whole perk sets revolving around it, on both sides. But if you do it well, you'll be lucky to pip. Instead of rewarding that I unhooked a comrade, and did 2 gens by myself without the killer ever laying eyes on me. I might get to hold my rank, cause I literally have 0 evasion score... which is weird, cause i did a TON of evading.

    3 gen Doc is very effective. If 2-3 people are getting the hatch, all that means is that someone brought or found a key. Kill that person. Just because you can control the gens doesn't mean you can lose sight on other game changing possibilities. That's on you.

    As far as stealth, the devs have already said that they want to have survivors interact more with the killer. How, I don't know, just putting it out there. Stealthing around the map is a lot easier than someone that engages the killer and if they can "escape" the killer, they deserve the higher score.

    And as far as actively punishing playstyles... I don't know about that. You get points for playing a certain way. You don't have to play that way, but then don't expect to be rewarded for it.

  • Stealth should be rewarded more @Dreamnomad the survival category kinda covers that already