Dumb question about the rift tomes

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already but I cant see it...

With regards to the tomes, each tome is divided into 4 parts that have a scheduled release.

Each part, on completion, awards a charm, rift fragments, and allows you to progress to the next part.

My question is this: If I dont unlock the charm by the time the next part (of 4 - not the next tome) is unlocked, will that charm be gone for me?

I have massive FOMO but also taking a break from the game for a while. Just wondering if I'd be able to unlock them all towards the end of the tome? Or would I have to play at 4 separate times to unlock each charm, etc?

Comments

  • No, you can do the Tomes whenever you want to do them. However, you have to complete a Level before you can reach the next Level, e.g. you have to reach the End of Tome Level 2 to play Tome Level 3.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    No, you can do the Tomes whenever you want to do them. However, you have to complete a Level before you can reach the next Level, e.g. you have to reach the End of Tome Level 2 to play Tome Level 3.

    So if I come back to the tome a year later I'd be able to unlock the 4 charms at the end of the tome levels?

  • If I may ask this as well (don't mean to derail this thread, feel free to ignore this as soon as it's answered or even whether it gets answered at all): Directly under the rift reward is a separate little window that shows a certain amount of rift fragments. Is that the number of fragments you get upon completing that page of the rift or does it mean something else?

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451390#Comment_2451390

    So if I come back to the tome a year later I'd be able to unlock the 4 charms at the end of the tome levels?

    Yes. You will get the Charms, the Lore and the BPs, but no Rift Fragments.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451395#Comment_2451395

    Yes. You will get the Charms, the Lore and the BPs, but no Rift Fragments.

    Perfect! Thanks for that! I can rest without the stress of FOMO for a bit! <3

  • @miketheratguy said:

    If I may ask this as well (don't mean to derail this thread, feel free to ignore this as soon as it's answered or even whether it gets answered at all): Directly under the rift reward is a separate little window that shows a certain amount of rift fragments. Is that the number of fragments you get upon completing that page of the rift or does it mean something else?

    If its the blue bar under the rift rewards that goes 1-70, thats the tier level you need to be to unlock that specific reward.

    If its the rift fragments under the charm for completing a level in the tome - thats an amount of rift fragments you get for completing that level. Some tome levels have multiple routes you can take and can finish in different areas but you can only get that reward once - even if you get to all ends of the same tome level.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451396#Comment_2451396

    If its the blue bar under the rift rewards that goes 1-70, thats the tier level you need to be to unlock that specific reward.

    If its the rift fragments under the charm for completing a level in the tome - thats an amount of rift fragments you get for completing that level. Some tome levels have multiple routes you can take and can finish in different areas but you can only get that reward once - even if you get to all ends of the same tome level.

    I was referring to the number of fragments listed directly under the charm, yes. Thank you for the answer.