24hr ban for being bullied out of matches
"The survivors are a team of 4. They may choose to work together or to look out for themselves."
I'm just using Plunderer's, Ace in the Hole, Left Behind, and Wake Up to get some items and addons for my character and get out. I am allowed to leave other survivors on the hook or refuse to heal them. You know what's not allowed?
"Griefing: intentional gameplay abuse. Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates."
----
So why is it that I get punished when the other 4 players gang up and grief me?? The survivors and the killer are teaming up just to fog me over, and I either have to go AFK for 30 minutes until they get bored of milking me for points and teabagging me or I have to leave the match.
It would be nice to see how long the disconnect penalty will be if we leave the match before we leave the match! I thought it had been at least 24hours since my last penalty and I would only have a 6-hour ban, but no! (And my previous DC penalty was from quitting against a cheating Huntress.)
Nos37 playing Dead by Daylight. View more Xbox clips at GameClips.io
Comments
If the survs and the killer were teaming up against you I hope you recorded it and reported them accordingly.
that said. I doubt this was happening as often so it leads to a 24h ban. You have clearly either disconnected too often before or you had crashed that lead to this. Either way, the reason why it starts at 5 min is because sometimes you have to dc (reallife issues, actual gamebreaking bugs, actual grieving etc) and then it would be unfair for the ban to be over.
edit: also take that clip down if it shows the survs teaming up with the killer. Or censor the names in the clip, as this falls under the ‚no naming & shaming rule‘ of the forums
ALWAYS report any survivor who's clearly working with the killer. Try to have a screen recorder going to make sure you have video evidence to clip and send to BHVR to back up your claim.
As for the Disconnecting, I understand why you'd feel frustrated and want to do so in such a crappy situation, but Disconnecting is still against the rules. Going AFK isn't fun but if you did, I'm guessing that they'd get bored with you pretty quickly and either get you killed or ignore you and go on with the match. Trolls get bored easy if they're not being fed.
I know it sucks but when this happens my advice is to be the better person and not double your own punishment by abandoning the game which is what they want you to do. Stick around, open a browser and read a Wikipedia article or two. The match will be done by then and you'll at least get some points out of it.
In your post, you talk about being griefed & others teaming up against you AND are working with the killer.
Why in the video you posted, there's nothing of that happening and instead, there's a huntress hacker? Against a hacker, if you've had previous recent bans due to DC'ing, then it's better to sit out the match than take another L & increase that duration significantly more. You can blame the anti-cheat for that & the raise of hackers recently.
The relevance between what u first said & what u said after doesn't make sense.
It would be nice to see how long the disconnect penalty will be if we leave the match before we leave the match
This should never be a thing & never will be. There's no need for such a thing. Unless the person in question disconnects a lot.
I am confusion.
"also take that clip down if it shows the survs teaming up with the killer. Or censor the names in the clip, as this falls under the ‚no naming & shaming rule‘ of the forums"
----
You can't see the killer's name in that clip, and that clip shows the killer cheating in a previous match, not the survivors teaming up against me.
One DC against a cheater would not give you a 24 hour ban. I personally have always thought the DC penalty is bad for the game, and I play way less now because of it. It's still unstable for me on PS4 and I get disconnected mid game and then boom, banned. Not to mention there's no way to deal with farmers or killers who are AFK which happens all the time because of challenges.
It sucks that you had to deal with cheaters but DBD will probably never remove the DC penalty. Killers need their BBQ stacks, who cares if it makes the game worse? Oh and also, this is not being "bullied." This is cheating and trolling in a video game.
This post is so confusing.
Then it’s probably alright by forum rules.
though still confusing why it’s attached to this thread…
Don't you know? The survivors obviously ganged up on OP and gave the killer a cracked client to let them do this!
I'm sorry you were griefed by other survivors and the killer in a round - please make sure that you report people in the game who team up with the other side to grief you or someone else and send additional video evidence to support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000942011
For the DC penalty, it does need more than two DCs to reach a high penalty. The penalty starts slightly slow to account for situation in which someone might be forced to DC due to emergencies, such as game breaking bugs, irl situations, etc.
first dc is 5 min if you got 24 hours there's something you are not telling us