A REAL Anti-Tunnel Perk

I have no issues with tunneling, but I do feel a perk should exist to counter it. I suggested it in another post, but I’ll make an OP here.

Fight or Flight: “If you’re in a chase with the killer for more than 30 seconds without losing a health state Fight or Flight activates. Giving the survivor 14% Haste effect until the chase ends”. 

That way survivors must give up a perk slot to use this situational tactic. If you’ve been chased for more than 30 seconds without getting hurt I do consider it a tunnel. As the killer is stacking Bloodlust to get you. If they notice that you’re too fast to catch they’ll be discouraged to chase, or at least break the chase to start again. Giving you more distance. 30 seconds is basically 1 gen if people double up on it. It’s like having Hope and Blood Pact at end game collapse. Unless the killer has ranged attacks, or some mobility they can’t really get you. Most killers that tunnel are M1 killers like Ghost Face, Freddy, Myers, WRAITH, and WRAITH. Don’t forget WRAITH. The Tunnel King. Even then Wraith can uncloak to remove this buff, but he can’t hurt you while cloaked either. If you have a vault, pallet, or flashlight you can fend against the Tunnel King. So it’s fair.

Comments

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2440377#Comment_2440377

    You have maps, where you can run killer for several minutes, if he is bad enough to commit on you. 30 seconds is not really that long chase and this would create infinites, which is dumb.

    This post is bad from start, because OP has no idea, what is tunneling.

    We’d have to unanimously define tunneling within the game’s mechanics first to fix the issue... That is the reason the devs won’t fix camp/tunnel. There is no such thing as tunneling or camping. It’s something everyone themselves made up!

    Mechanically speaking you’re merely being chased by the killer. The killer is preventing you from being unhooked, which is their job! Both terms are something everyone made up! The only way is to incorporate “Tunnel” is via chasing. “Camping” would be defined by the proximity that the killer has been around the hooked individual.

  • @calem said:

    OP has clearly never played in red ranks where the survivors actually know how to loop tiles. This is one of the most busted perk suggestions I have ever seen. Survivors, of all things, do not need buffs. Tunnelling is a strategy in the game, and while you may not like it, it's something you just have to deal with. The same way gen-rushing with Prove Thyself is also a strategy.

    Imagine the complete outrage if they had a killer perk that caused gens to be blocked off by the Entity for 30 seconds when it reached half progress. That's basically the killer equivalent of what you are suggesting. You even admitted to having "mere hundreds" of hours in game, which is evidently not enough for you to understand enough about the game to make suggestions like this, and then you laugh and shrug everyone else off because they're saying it wouldn't work. If you aren't open to changing your mind, why even post a discussion in the first place?

    I see. More condescending. So basically you have to play 5,000+ hours (I have no objective life) in order to have two cents within a game as simplistic as this one? Good to know. Lol

    Getting to red rank is easy if you have as little as 10 brain cells. 😂

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2440526#Comment_2440526

    I see. More condescending. So basically you have to play 5,000+ hours (I have no objective life) in order to have two cents within a game as simplistic as this one? Good to know. Lol

    Getting to red rank is easy if you have as little as 10 brain cells. 😂

    You're making baseless assumptions because everyone is shitting on your idea, which sucks, but you should really listen to us. I only have ~850 hours and I got rank 1 on both sides very easily, this game isn't that hard. But yeah, keep being in denial and resorting to insulting people when we are all telling you this is a terrible suggestion.

1 2 ›