Stranger things sale, is it a bug or is it only sets? Devs please...
So I can never tell anymore if its suppose to be this way or not. Iv seen both versions happen so which is it?
Are individual pieces meant to be on sale?
Or is the sale just for sets and never individual pieces?
Honestly I hope it's a bug and individual pieces will be on sale later. I cant afford full sets when I just want a single piece especially before there never obtainable again.
Please dont be a cash grab. I buy all chapters and multiple outfits each time you release them. I just want a few single pieces I like
Comments
When they do sales, it almost always is just full sets. Sorry :(
"Almost " like I said iv seen individual pieces be on sale before but this sure seems like the right time to do it.
I will be fuming if it stays sets only, the amount I support and put into the game just to be denied the pieces I want is saddening.
@MandyTalk can you confirm if its sets only?
Individual pieces never go on sale, its always the whole outfit
They do, it's just rare. But that could of been a few years ago. But as it's a full chapter going it's a big deal
I know what you are trying to say, you mean in an outfit individual pieces never go on sale in the outfit; I just wanted to mention both Nancy's and Steve's sweater are 50% off right now (being 125 AC), so that's technically not true.
It's worth getting clarification. They've had sales in the past where the store was showing individual pieces at full price and outfits discounted, and then a few days later they said it was a mistake and the individual pieces were supposed to be discounted, too. So, you can never tell.
Another thing to keep in mind (though most people understandably already know this, there are some who will be caught off-guard): The 50 percent sale isn't based on the 1080 cells or whatever we're used to seeing for these sets, the sale brings the sets down to 600 cells. That's not 50 percent off, no, but that's only because the cost of the cosmetics that we've been seeing like...the WHOLE time...were allegedly already ten percent off to begin with.
I'm not necessarily complaining. Or maybe I am? I don't know. I just know that in my mind I went into the sale thinking that I'd spend about 1750 cells for 1 Steve set, 1 Nancy set, and the Jonathan skin. Instead I spent about 2000. That came within about 50 cells of screwing up some other stuff I've got lined up. So I mean while I appreciate the sale, I don't quite get how the price is "50% off" when that price is based on 10% higher numbers that the cosmetics have never actually been sold for.
Well that's my point, I'd like a dev to just say and reply so I know. Last time I spent more than I had to and I just physically cant afford it this time
Oh yeah I know that, it's why I never bother with the sales unless it's like 50-75%. Sales where its 20% arent as impactful as like you said they're already 10% off
I'm not accusing BHVR of any intentional misdeeds or anything, but I can't help finding it a bit lame that they're basically saying "Sure, you've all been used to the fact that these items have been roughly ten dollars because that's what we've always charged for them, but they're actually SUPPOSED to be twelve dollars and we were giving you a sale this whole time. Now, because there's a new sale, it's also going to be based on the twelve dollars that we ideally would have been charging you if we weren't already being generous with the previous sale".
I mean it's like selling a TV on sale on Black Friday for $500 and claiming that it's half price, when in fact the TV sold all year-round for $700. So how is $500 a 50% discount? "Because the TV was always meant to be sold for $1000 and we were just running a different sale until now". That's a little shady.
In the game, an Outfit describes what is mentioned here, a set. So the outfits/sets are on a sale - we can inquire if individual pieces are supposed to be not on sale or if they should be too, but it does specify Outfit on the website, which refers to the whole thing, not just one piece.
I totally get what you're saying, but my biggest issue is the discount is on a full set only, meanwhile I'd be more than happy with 40% for single pieces.
Just a shame in my eyes
I get you. The outfits I want are, thankfully, not part of a set (other than the Jonathan skin) but I understand that this whole scenario could have been better in several ways, yes.
Well I'd like them to say, like others have mentioned there have been times where it was just full sets then individual pieces was on sale later etc. Just kinda want to know 100% as it's a game changer for me
Hi, as described on our website the sale is for sets only. There also won't be further reductions made or further cosmetics added.
Okay thankyou mandy that's all I needed to know, I know sometimes things can change or not be shown as intended.
It's a shame its sets only, but no the less appreciate the response