Infection is kind of disappointing

Nemesis' infection seems rather pointless. I used to think that it worked like Plague's infection where over time if you didn't cure yourself that you would eventually become injured or at the very least it would lure zombies to your location, but it doesn't do anything other than open you up for injury from the tentacle. I used to wonder why survivors rarely cure themselves, now I know why. Am I missing something?

Comments

  • you are missing something, there is only 4-3 cures on the map, once there out they never come back, so ur saying if there infected and use them up then they have to stay injured the rest of the game.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    you are missing something, there is only 4-3 cures on the map, once there out they never come back, so ur saying if there infected and use them up then they have to stay injured the rest of the game.

    Except they don't stay injured while infected. Infection is borderline useless regardless of remaining cures. It lets them be injured by zombies and the tentacle sure, but thats it. There is no actual downside to being infected, like Plagues sickness for example, which would eventually place you into Broken status.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    you are missing something, there is only 4-3 cures on the map, once there out they never come back, so ur saying if there infected and use them up then they have to stay injured the rest of the game.

    That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that I think it needs to be reworked. Infection doesn't injure, it only allows you to be hit by the tentacle. Over time it would make sense for you to eventually be injured, but maybe don't make the cure available in a limited amount. I don't know, but I think something needs to be done because being infected doesn't do anything whatsoever.

  • If the number of vaccines was not limited (add 1 box per map, put a cooldown on the boxes), and the infection had a gradual Hindered debuff that capped at 20% the longer the survivor stayed infected, it would be something meaningful that needed to be handled, similar to the Plague's Broken status for infected.

    But yes, as it stands, there is no downside to staying infected. Ultimately, you either choose to stay infected, or cleanse and just get re-infected shortly after.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Nemesis' infection seems rather pointless. I used to think that it worked like Plague's infection where over time if you didn't cure yourself that you would eventually become injured or at the very least it would lure zombies to your location, but it doesn't do anything other than open you up for injury from the tentacle. I used to wonder why survivors rarely cure themselves, now I know why. Am I missing something?

    just to stop the noise they make ! thats all lol

  • They can't have a permanent hindrance on survivors since the vaccine is limited. It should do more for the killer though. Just getting rid of the free health state would do wonders.

  • @FentV1rus said:

    If the number of vaccines was not limited (add 1 box per map, put a cooldown on the boxes), and the infection had a gradual Hindered debuff that capped at 20% the longer the survivor stayed infected, it would be something meaningful that needed to be handled, similar to the Plague's Broken status for infected.

    But yes, as it stands, there is no downside to staying infected. Ultimately, you either choose to stay infected, or cleanse and just get re-infected shortly after.

    I don't think that's a bad idea. Regardless there needs to be more that happens if you're infected because relying on the zombies to be effective is a crapshoot at best.

  • @FentV1rus said:

    If the number of vaccines was not limited (add 1 box per map, put a cooldown on the boxes), and the infection had a gradual Hindered debuff that capped at 20% the longer the survivor stayed infected, it would be something meaningful that needed to be handled, similar to the Plague's Broken status for infected.

    But yes, as it stands, there is no downside to staying infected. Ultimately, you either choose to stay infected, or cleanse and just get re-infected shortly after.

    I thought it induced coughing noises?

  • @Zozzy said:

    They can't have a permanent hindrance on survivors since the vaccine is limited. It should do more for the killer though. Just getting rid of the free health state would do wonders.

    @T103 said:

    Yes, it is rather pointless. Granted the coughing has given away survivors a few times for me.

    The most problematic thing I find is that the survivors have to be infected for you to damage them with the whip, which I find a tad unfair. It gives them a free health state assuming you use the whip. (I find it’s easier to run STBFL on him) It’s not like his whip is forgiving either, it’s hitbox is quite thin so it’s easy to miss if the survivor isn’t in an animation lock.

    I couldn't agree more with this. The free health state and the Sprint burst survivors get from simply being infected is a tad much.