I feel happy and angry with this new chapter.

Look, I don't want to blame Hellraiser fans, much less FNAF fans, but I want to express myself freely and want to share my concern with this chapter.

Well I'm excited to have Pinhead, there are already 6 famous horror icons that we have:

Michael Myers from Halloween.

Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street.

The Pig from Saw.

Ghostface from Fun World and a special mention to Scream.

and Pinhead from Hellraiser.

It really makes me very happy to have it here and with a very interesting power, but after investigating a lot in its power, lore, perks, addons, etc. It always gives me that thought when a new killer and survivors come out that I've seen them for a lifetime.

It's strange, but I've always been like this with the new chapters, now for those of us who are fans of the 80's and modern slasher genre, we would only have to wait for characters like Jason Voorhees, Chucky, Pennywise, Candyman, Alien, etc.

But my discontent for this chapter was that in reality I expected more Candyman and Pinhead was not within my expectations ... and you will come with that Blight and GF meme but in reality, this was the best moment to enter the Realm Entity, it was the perfect moment and the devs wasted it.

I'm happy to get Pinhead but too bad I didn't get Candyman.

It was a good time for the Candyman chapter, but for the 6th time, it disappoints again, I'll never be sure if Tony Todd's hints were actually towards Dead by Daylight or a solo project in the style of Friday the 13th the game.

In addition, he also took advantage of this instance to say why did the pallets change graphically? I know it's not a big deal, but they really look horrible, one can adapt to change, yes, but it bothers me to see a change that no one has asked for, but for those who decide it is necessary without anyone wanting.

But after all it is the PTB, there are always big bugs and bugs.

Now, with Hellraiser inside, we will only have to wait for the following year to have those who may be the next license killers. I hope we all get what we want here, despite waiting a long time for it.

But yes, I am happy to have Pinhead here, although I did not expect him to be so tall, in the first movie I saw him of medium height and here he is another giant of the group.

Comments

  • So you are disappointed that it's not candyman instead, because it would have been good with the reboot coming out. That's fine.

  • Candyman's theoretical kit wouldn't be all that different from Pinhead's.

    • Replace the lament configuration with a mirror
    • Replace chains with bee swarms
    • Replace portal-hook with hand-hook
  • I know the feeling about Candyman, but I ain't upset haha. They've teased almost the same time as Pinhead and it took 14 months for Pinhead to come out and they're ALMOST perfect! Can you imagine Candyman?

  • You get what you get man. I understand your disappointment in theory, but you have to accept that the devs can't just deliver everyone that everyone wants, when they want them. These things take time, money, and lots of negotiation.

    Try to focus on the fact that this IS a legendary horror icon and that the game is becoming more and more complete in terms of being an all-time showcase of the genre, and that they didn't make a killer based on...I don't know, Dragon Ball or something.

  • Only thing I wanna point out is the pallet part.

    It is super odd they changed them, after already making them better. They're worse now imo

  • @miketheratguy said:

    You get what you get man. I understand your disappointment in theory, but you have to accept that the devs can't just deliver everyone that everyone wants, when they want them. These things take time, money, and lots of negotiation.

    Try to focus on the fact that this IS a legendary horror icon and that the game is becoming more and more complete in terms of being an all-time showcase of the genre, and that they didn't make a killer based on...I don't know, Dragon Ball or something.

    If I also see that point and it is very important, it is also good to have Pinhead, it makes the survivors have to expose themselves to him trying to solve the cube to avoid the chains. In addition, everything requires your time. There are better things to see review than to see an icon.

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2437787#Comment_2437787

    If I also see that point and it is very important, it is also good to have Pinhead, it makes the survivors have to expose themselves to him trying to solve the cube to avoid the chains. In addition, everything requires your time. There are better things to see review than to see an icon.

    I'm sorry but I don't think I totally understand what you mean at the end of this comment. Are you saying that you understand Pinhead's value but wish that the developers spent more time on lesser-known characters? I got that from your initial post but just wanted to know if I understood this response correctly.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2437814#Comment_2437814

    I'm sorry but I don't think I totally understand what you mean at the end of this comment. Are you saying that you understand Pinhead's value but wish that the developers spent more time on lesser-known characters? I got that from your initial post but just wanted to know if I understood this response correctly.

    No, I was referring to the problems that should be addressed, a dedication to the state of the game, the optimization problems on consoles is an example and should be priority before seeing an "icon" is popular or not. I also like Pinhead and Candyman, only that with the leaks everything pointed to Candyman but it fell suddenly with Pinhead being the new killer.

  • I wonder how many people are mad that it's not springtrap, that's the real question here... Candyman is just a bunch of bees, who cares.

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2437819#Comment_2437819

    No, I was referring to the problems that should be addressed, a dedication to the state of the game, the optimization problems on consoles is an example and should be priority before seeing an "icon" is popular or not. I also like Pinhead and Candyman, only that with the leaks everything pointed to Candyman but it fell suddenly with Pinhead being the new killer.

    ...what leaks pointed to Candyman?

    Because all the teasers were obvious allusions to Hellraiser, and the leaks I keep up with weren't indicating to either.

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2437819#Comment_2437819

    No, I was referring to the problems that should be addressed, a dedication to the state of the game, the optimization problems on consoles is an example and should be priority before seeing an "icon" is popular or not. I also like Pinhead and Candyman, only that with the leaks everything pointed to Candyman but it fell suddenly with Pinhead being the new killer.

    Ah, I see. Yes, that's a valid opinion. I myself would actually like to see a full-fledged single player bot feature (as well as performance optimization, of course) more than anything right now.