New plant monster to replace the demigorgon.

Genuine thought. I love plant like beasts, and the demigorgon has that plant like design already. Since behavior has the code, and is removing access to a playstyle, I'd pay for a new, nonlicensed killer with these abilities to tunnel through the ground, and trying to eat the survivors. I mean if anyone has a better idea go ahead. It seems like due to netflixes new game studio they revoked the liscense, so that path is probably gone to get them back, so a new design discussion would be cool instead, so new players can still get the characters gameplay.

Comments

  • Perhaps something akin RE Resistance's Yateveo?

    Yateveo is a creature present in Resident Evil: Resistance. It is Alex Wesker's bioweapon as a Mastermind. Yateveo is completely immobile, but it can be placed near an objective so that it blocks the Survivor's way to it.1 The Yateveo is an immobile creature which can be used to instantly kill a survivor, stun them, or deal damage from a distance. It has a total of six moves: Self Destruct – The Yateveo will explode and deal heavy damage to Survivors around it. Alex must devour a Survivor before
    image.png

    Though, of course, actually mobile.



    As it turns out, it's actually based on an "existing" cryptid, meaning its base concept is free to use.

  • It would be weird to have two killers with the exact same playstyle though

  • Not the biggest fan of plant monsters, I like beasts, maybe if something goes really wrong with the license, they could change him to a Werewolf, I can see Shred working on a Werewolf, not sure how would they change the Portals tho.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Not the biggest fan of plant monsters, I like beasts, maybe if something goes really wrong with the license, they could change him to a Werewolf, I can see Shred working on a Werewolf, not sure how would they change the Portals tho.

    I can understand this, and a werewolf due to digging to tunnel, and the lunge would work as well. Just a discussion on the topic in general is nice. I mostly say plant, since its head has the bulb like design of a flower, and the tunneling. But yeah, this is good as well.

  • Just dye demo green and rename him Scary Flower.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    Perhaps something akin RE Resistance's Yateveo?

    https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Yateveo

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QNI7K2DYZHKI/image.png

    Though, of course, actually mobile.

    As it turns out, it's actually based on an "existing" cryptid, meaning its base concept is free to use.

    Too bad yateveo was garbage even when poison alex was good

  • Sadly it has been confirmed the devs will not be creating a replacement killer or a replacement map. Demogorgon will become an entirely unique and exclusive killer.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Sadly it has been confirmed the devs will not be creating a replacement killer or a replacement map. Demogorgon will become an entirely unique and exclusive killer.

    Where was it confirmed?