um you might not have knowledge but can i learn how does mmr system works?

(at least few things you know) depends how many people you kill or ranking up? also is there any ways to see mmr, what is max mmr point?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • The devs have confirmed it’s intentional that the community doesn’t know what their MMR is and how exactly it is calculated.

    all we know is that it tries to approximately guess the players skill, it gets determined after round about 10 matches and gets adjusted after every match and it is for every killer specific but for survivor it’s for all the same. Nee killers don’t start at zero but get a score that partly gets calculated from the killers you already have an established score on.

    and its implemented as an alternative to the emblem system so we can assume that it does things differently to that.

  • @Mooks said:

    The devs have confirmed it’s intentional that the community doesn’t know what their MMR is and how exactly it is calculated.

    all we know is that it tries to approximately guess the players skill, it gets determined after round about 10 matches and gets adjusted after every match and it is for every killer specific but for survivor it’s for all the same. Nee killers don’t start at zero but get a score that partly gets calculated from the killers you already have an established score on.

    and its implemented as an alternative to the emblem system so we can assume that it does things differently to that.

    I can understand the devs not wanting to tell us officially how it is calculated to avoid cheating the system. I also understand them not wanting us to see others score so we can't properly tell if it's working as intended.

    I do not understand why they won't let us see our own score, I think that's ridiculous. I would like to see what my limitations are, if I'm getting close to a certain score that I struggle with I know I am heading for a few bad games lol.

  • thanks for help but does mmr rely on how many kills you get or getting pips?

  • @Purgatorian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432750#Comment_2432750

    I can understand the devs not wanting to tell us officially how it is calculated to avoid cheating the system. I also understand them not wanting us to see others score so we can't properly tell if it's working as intended.

    I do not understand why they won't let us see our own score, I think that's ridiculous. I would like to see what my limitations are, if I'm getting close to a certain score that I struggle with I know I am heading for a few bad games lol.

    It if you could see your score you could easily find out how it is calculated and what is factored in and what not.


    @enchantenie said:

    thanks for help but does mmr rely on how many kills you get or getting pips?

    Not solely. But getting kills and pips will probably be somehow of value. But again, there are other factors. And we don’t know how many or how they are weighted.

    i like to imagine they are factoring in chase times, hits/missed hits/dodged hits, usage of killers power etc. But it’s really not known.

  • Please don't forget that the Skill Based Matchmaking is only in the testing phase right now. There might be more information about whether or not you can see your own rating when the system goes live - not too sure what's planned there at this stage, but I am sure we will communicate about that either way.

    As to what affects your SBMM rating, that's not something we're making public, in an attempt to avoid the system getting abused. We want players to play as they normally would, and not worry too much about things at this stage as it is purely testing.