Did anyone here achieved Rank 1 while SBMM is active?
Title as I don't know the ranks of the Killers or Survivors Im facing all weekend.
I'm curious if anyone ever achieved Rank 1 with MMR on. As a Killer I can pretty much get to rank 1 after in 2 hours after Rank reset without MMR but with MMR on I'm stuck in between rank 4 and rank 5 as a Surv and Killer. This is because I haven't had much Ruthless or Merciless Killer results. It's all Brutal Killer here as the best I can do against a Good Surv team is a 2 kill.
Excluding those who just always play with their SWF pals, anyone here actually got to Rank 1?
Comments
I dash between 1 and 2 both survivor and Killer, but the game has become boring with 15-20+ minute ques and I only face S-A tier killers who tunnel and camp to keep up with the speed the gens go. As for killer it's just mirrored, having to play dirty (slug, tunnel, camp) to slow the game down or change the dynamic in a game . Extremely repetitive. I have basically come up with the same build every round as survivor and Killer - all killers, because you just need Franklins for the items. Sloppy for the fast heals. Pop because all other regression perks are unreliable, and BBQ for consistent information. Survivor you need Borrowed Time for safe saves, Decisive Strike for when you get tunneled, Sprint Burst to run to safe areas, and Unbreakable for when your slugged. I have been getting full value out of all my perks each round. Also you certainly see the RNG in this game in full.
TL;DR At rank 1 and 2 and game has become long ques for just gen rushing camping, tunneling, and slugfest of S-A tier Killers and for the most part everyone runs the exact same 8 Perks, in which if you stray from these 8 perks - you lose.
I am currently rank 1 on survivor and killer. It wasn't any more difficult to go from 5 to 1 for me this past reset. The only time I waited for matches as a solo survivor were in the evenings - 3-5 minute waits, BUT that is on par with how it has worked for me in the past.
For Survivor I used the same perks for the entirety of SBMM: Alert, Borrowed Time, Lithe, and We're Gonna Live Forever. My escape rate rose SLIGHTLY and base BP was up almost 17% per match
For Killer I played my two mains:
Doctor: BBQ, Nurses, Pop, and Sloppy
Pig: Corrupt, Tinkerer, Pop, BBQ
My kill rate was unchanged and had a slight (6%) increase in BP.
(Escapes, Kill rate, and BP gains were compared to the previous month's stats of those values)
i think the path to rank 1 is individually difficult for everyone, depending on the mmr level where you were starting. If you were rank 5 but had a low mmr, getting to rank 1 could possibly be more easy. Even though in theory (if it works perfectly) ranking up should have the same difficulty for everyone because the opponents exactly match your skill level. But i think that some people got higher mmr than they should and some lower than they should.
In the past, i was rank 1 as killer most of the time like 2-3 days after rank reset but since mmr is active i struggle to get past rank 4. As survivor, i had some bad solo games and deranked back to 5 before the reset, so i started at 9 and i'm close to rank 6 now (but i was playing swf most of the time over the weekend)
In theory we will stuck at rank 20 after rank reset because we will have games equal to our skills.
never left.