Should there be more match types in DBD?
Do you think there should be more match types? And if so any ideas on what possible other match types there could be?
Do you think there should be more match types? And if so any ideas on what possible other match types there could be?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Absolutely, but not in the way you think. Since the devs have said multiple times they arent looking into making new gamemodes. What I think should happen is the game be split in 3 different sections
Early Game
Mid Game
End Game
Early and End Game would always be the same, how ever Mid Game I think should have an event of some sort, such as both sides must perform a task and who ever completes it faster gets rewarded. This would simulate different gamemodes but still all be the same mode
Ive been thinking about writing a post myself on how I would rework the trials and try to address frustrations on both sides for weeks now and it is no easy task
Like alternate game modes? I thought it would be kind of cool if there was a totem hunt mode where the goal was to break five to open the gate (totem perks like Small Gam and Counterforce) would be disabled). The problem is, I know some killers would be ######### and just camp a totem and make it impossible to win. I guess there could be 7 like the gens.
2v8 pls and ty BHVR, i dont care if its balanced or not it looks like so much fun
The game can get stale. You try to use off meta perks and just get frustrated because you NEED anti tunneling perks. This game can be BRUTAL for solo queue and people who play with a tater. I know my rank should be higher but I've stopped playing solo because you should have someone you can rely on the way a 3 man will just leave you on hook but so often I'm the ONLY person that can string a few loops together.
One thought I had is what if they had a match where there's 2 killers and whatever number of survivors and the two killers had to work against each other and could sabotage the others attempts so they could get them instead.
That could be fun. My worry would be that it’d be a crash/lag nightmare.
There definitely should be more game modes. Potentially something were survivors are competing against each other (could be their main or secondary objective) which would also lessen the importance of SWF.
I would definitely love more game modes, even if just some fun event only ones.
However I also think we should get some new mechanics in DbD. Sure, having the gens as a main task is cool, but I'm waiting for the game to be shaken up a bit by adding more objectives.
Yes, there should. I don't care about longer queue times, I'd like something other than perpetual Gen Sim (where some low tier killers might actually stand a chance).
As for what, I posted a thread with some concepts: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270066/alternate-game-modes
I would love to see a gamemode where everything is randomed, random survivors and killers with random perks and items and add-ons.