Stun Validation creates hit scream sound. Why?

Is this happening to anyone else? Kinda confusing when I think I got the hit, look for a body, only to find that the survivor is now long gone. I'd be fine if the scream sound didn't happen.

Patch 5.1.0 - 27 July 2021

TECHNICAL UPDATES

Stun validation has been added to the hit validator. If a Killer has a pending stun on the server, the server will reject the hit. This will be most noticeably in situations such as a Killer who is attacking at the same time a survivor is throwing a pallet, and it should reduce instances where survivors appear to take damage after stunning a Killer.

Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments

  • it's because the blood splat and survivor scream is processed client side before the validation occurs.

  • @Mr_K said:

    it's because the blood splat and survivor scream is processed client side before the validation occurs.

    Is this working as intended?

  • its rather unsatisfactory, but it was supposed to prevent the successful hit sfx and vfx.

    I usually don't experience that sound since I play Nemesis, but on Demo it happens more than I would like.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    its rather unsatisfactory, but it was supposed to prevent the successful hit sfx and vfx.

    I usually don't experience that sound since I play Nemesis, but on Demo it happens more than I would like.

    I see. I get the sound effect a lot on various killers.